By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM boycott: no Metal Gear Solid 4 review

Some of you actually thought EGM was going to score the game low because of those? You fail, because the EGM reviewers love the MGS series, even with the cutscenes. Suggesting this was a way to avoid unfair scoring from EGM is like suggesting a Yankee's fan would boo the team at the world series.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Wow, I'm amazed that there are even people that defend Konami here.

What happened to freedom of press? What happened to expecting an unbiased review from reviewers?

If Konami fears bad reviews, they should not send review copies, but if they do I think it's absolutely unacceptable to set demands for the review.

@Jinova: Kojima has ultimate decision on MGS, not Konami.
@Spartan: Sure, cutscenes can be skipped, that's not really a reason for not allowing the magazine to mention the cutscenes, right?

I do believe that konami should not have put any restriction on the game.

anyways,EGM can just buy a 59 bucks copy and review it however they wish.

It's a shame that Print is dead in terms of reviews. Or else this might make a big deal.

Fanboys are a fantastic thing... There are some companies I like, but I'd never defend them for doing something like this. It's bad for journalists and for consumers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Benga, I agree with you. I just have no respect for EGM at all. They are the most biased and unreliable piece of media I have ever read in my life. They are like reality TV in my eyes, "fake". Just my opinion, doesnt matter to anyone but me :P

Tifa got MOVES!

I certainly wont be buying this game now. Cant believe Konami. Distrust in the company just went up 100 fold. Go EGM.

lol @ selnor

yea I won't be buying lost oddyssey for the same reason as you won't buy MGS4,,,,

cause we don't have required platforms to play those games,,,,nice try though

Jinova said:
Benga, I agree with you. I just have no respect for EGM at all. They are the most biased and unreliable piece of media I have ever read in my life. They are like reality TV in my eyes, "fake". Just my opinion, doesnt matter to anyone but me :P

Well, if you put it like this it sounds very reasonable. I personally don't have any problems with EGM. They have some nice scoops now and then.

I think Konami just opened a can of worms and they need to learn to do PR properly. I mean seriously, just allowing these 2 small facts to be in reviews would cause so much less damage than the damage that this restriction is going to cause. People can also easily read this online anyway...