By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Almost 200k MGS4 pre-orders already in Japan (according to TheSource Prelim

Retail pre-orders, not consumer pre-orders. Why are we still so confused on this topic?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

@Viper1
errr take a look at the replies and u will find that most of us know its retail pre-orders.

gengka said:
@Viper1
errr take a look at the replies and u will find that most of us know its retail pre-orders.

That's why I said "we" and "confused".   I didn't say all of you are wrong.    Confused means there is a mix of correct and incorrect.

So the game will sell around 200k first week? Pretty terrible considering the inevitable 60%+ drop-off.

I think that the wording in what he said defines it as customer preorders.

"preorders for Metal Gear Solid 4 in Japan are slowly edging toward 200,000 units, with nine-ten days left to reserve the game"

Retail preorders aren't something we calculate, but are instead usually figures given in some kind of press release or w/e, so saying that the preorders are edging towards something indicates that we've been tracking this number, which is true of customer preorders since those have been talked about before.

Also it says there are 9-10 days left to reserve the game, which is 9-10 days for customers to reserve. Retailers couldn't possibly preorder their copies a day before the release.

Anyway, that's my argument for why it's customer and not retail figures.

Around the Network

@torillian

you win the thread....

{even though we are mortal enemies...lol}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Oh I forgave you Darth, since MTV gave Transformers the Movie the award for best movie, and I fuking love Transformers. Not to mention my memory sucks and I forgot I made us mortal enemies....

further award stuff: Johnny Dep winning best comedic performance against the guys from Superbad was a crime though.

@torillian

lol..ok

Looks like the awards were good

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

We don't get Japan customer pre-order sales, only retail pre-orders. Unless Japanese retailers specifically says customer pre-orders, it is retail.

Guess we'll just have to ask Source when he's online then, since apparently we've never ever done Japan Customer pre-order sales.