By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can you skip the cut-scenes in MGS4?

twesterm said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@twesterm

Kojima will prove to you that a 90 min cutscene can be a masterpiece

He's going to prove jack shit to me because I'm not going to bother with a 90 minute cut scene.

I play games to, you know, actually play games. I don't play them to watch a full length movie.

I guess you're lucky then because apparently MGS4 has more gameplay than the previous ones. And if you're really interested about the story as well, you can probably read it on Wikipedia.

No, don't take this too seriously ('cept for the 'more gameplay' part) =P 

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
twesterm said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@twesterm

He's going to prove jack shit to me because I'm not going to bother with a 90 minute cut scene.

I play games to, you know, actually play games. I don't play them to watch a full length movie.

I've been drinking the Kojima Kool-Aid for years, Twes. I believe you WILL watch those cut scenes, and you WILL enjoy them. Call it optimism. Call it blind faith. We'll discuss how awesome they were over coffee in a few weeks, mmmkay? :P

That's going to be hard since I'm not going to buy the game. 

I'm pretty serious when I say I won't tolerate a 90 minute cut scene. 

twesterm said:
d21lewis said:
twesterm said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@twesterm

I've been drinking the Kojima Kool-Aid for years, Twes. I believe you WILL watch those cut scenes, and you WILL enjoy them. Call it optimism. Call it blind faith. We'll discuss how awesome they were over coffee in a few weeks, mmmkay? :P

WHAT! I'm coming to your house with a PS3 and a copy of MGS4, Jehova's Witness style! I'm saving your soul whether you like it or not! *storms out of house* *heads to twesterm's* Ummm, where'd you say you live, again?

But you are not playing MGS if you skip those cutscenes.

End of 2k9

PS3 - 28,000,000

XO - 34,000,000

GT:ProChaoS360

You can, but you are not allowed to... I am not actually going to play the game, but just watch the cut scenes (though I am not the one paying £40 for it)

Around the Network
twesterm said:
d21lewis said:
twesterm said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@twesterm

Kojima-san will probably cry himself to sleep over this.

Also, I think the first game, at least that I remember, where you could pause the cutscenes was Xenosaga.  It had some cutscenes which bordered on 30 to 60 minutes, so I think it was a wise decision. 

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

DMeisterJ said:
You can

And you can also pause them.

==> are u sure of ur last point ?

are we able to "pause" the 3d cutscene ?

(I doubt in fact)

AND more important, can u save ur game DURING the cutscene and watch the end later ???

(thx u)

Time to Work !

I don't think you can save during a cut-scene, but I'm quite sure you can pause or skip them when you want.

yog-sothot said:
I don't think you can save during a cut-scene, but I'm quite sure you can pause or skip them when you want.

If that's true and you can't fast-forward, then it's a piss poor implementation of a 90-min cutscene.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
yog-sothot said:

If that's true and you can't fast-forward, then it's a piss poor implementation of a 90-min cutscene.

I got "The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2" for the PS2. This disc came out in 2002. It contains all of the cinematic from MGS2, and I can pause, fast forward, rewind, rotate to any angle, and zoom in and out on any object for miles! This was done on a PS2 six years ago. If Halo 3 can do it, MGS 4 can do it. Hopefully, it will.