By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can you skip the cut-scenes in MGS4?

I'll be buying this game in the first few days and my big concern is the long ass cutscenes.

I for one, don't care for cutscenes. If i can't skip them i probably won't play the game, simple as that.

Around the Network

The solution is obvious.  Change the TV channel, turn on your Wii, play Wii for 2 hours, switch back to PS3.  Presto, you've just skipped the cutscene.

Even better, you don't really even need that last step. 

Edit:  Oh wait, you don't have a Wii.  How sad. 

Yes you can but you are not playing MGS if you skip those cutscenes...Or you really don't want to know anything about the story...

You can

And you can also pause them.

coolestguyever said:

I'll be buying this game in the first few days and my big concern is the long ass cutscenes.

I for one, don't care for cutscenes. If i can't skip them i probably won't play the game, simple as that.

Yes. It was done by Kojima during the Sony Game Day event and confirmed in the game.

Though buying this and skipping the story sounds about the biggest waste of 60 dollars Ive heard of. 

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network

fisrt play-through watch them,,,the second time just skip them (for unlocking new weapons)

why would you not want to watch the cut-scenes

Aren't the cutscenes about half (or more) of MGS games? They're almost more movies than they are games. I don't mean to be dissing them, because I enjoyed watching the MGS games on youtube. =P In fact I plan on buying Twin Snakes for the GC, I never even knew about it until now.

It does seem like you'll be missing out on A LOT if you skip the cutscenes. That's like only watching the cutscenes of Mario games and skipping the gameplay time. =P

Cut scenes tell the story. Watch them first time round. Skip them on next play through.

DMeisterJ said:
You can

And you can also pause them.

Really!? That would be a lifesaver.  I can't believe how many times I've been stuck watching MGS cut-scene and have to go to the bathroom.  Pure agony :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League