By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will WiiFit be butchered!

That obesity chart is mindblowing! If a quarter of the population is obese, I wonder what's the percentage of overweight people. It should easily be over 50%.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I seriously doubt it.. None of the Nintendogs knock offs have been anywhere near successful..

I cant believe i actually bought a tamagotchi....it refused to go to sleep and kept beeping at my, so i dropped its punkass down a manhole cover. That will teach the little fucker to beep at me!!!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

TruckOSaurus said:
That obesity chart is mindblowing! If a quarter of the population is obese, I wonder what's the percentage of overweight people. It should easily be over 50%.

Here in Italy quite a lot of regions manage to have more than 40% adult population overweight, according to such charts and statistics.

Although it looks excessive to me, looking around me I'd find believable even more than 25% (and mine is one of the leanest regions).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Like always, there would be many spin offs of the main product, but its the main product where the most sales have...

Like Dogz to Nintendogs is a good example and wii fit would do the same

Around the Network
damkira said:

I seriously doubt it.. None of the Nintendogs knock offs have been anywhere near successful..

I would have to disagree the Petz titles last I heard sold about 200K each during their life spans. Now sure the 200k is nothing to get exited over it is still very profitable. Considering the amount of Petz titles released, then you have PuppyLuv and all the other knock-offs from UbiSoft, Majesco and EAGames. Remember considering the cheap budgets these games recieve that 200,000 sales mark is fairly good. I'd expect WiiFit knock offs , rip offs and similiar titles to begin flowing in at a steady rate.

Infact, Fitness Ultimatum 2009 was announced by Majesco today (More info below)

Today Majesco announced Fitness Ultimatum 2009 the new IP is being headed by "The Biggest loser Celebrity trainer Jillian Michaels". The name alone tells you that this won't be a single game the 2009 ending sounds like this title will become an annual release getting obese american's into shape every year.

The first new fitness game to be announced coming from Majesco. Majesco with the Cooking Mama series has been credited as one of the leading casual and Touch Generation game developers. The team that assisted Harmonix bringing us RockBand is the developer making this series for Majesco.

" Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009 players become new recruits in Jillian's boot camp where they enroll in a unique training program composed of challenging fitness tests and an ever-changing series of workouts. Players choose their workout from four types--Weight Loss, Strength Training, Intervals and Hill Climb--and set the intensity to light, medium or hard for a duration between 10 and 60 minutes. By completing exciting Wii Remote and Wii Balance Board motion-based challenges that range from crossing monkeybars to climbing ladders and rowing, players can also unlock lifestyle and fitness video tips from Jillian. Players can even track their progress based on calories burned and workout intensity. In addition, a Competitive Party Mode lets two players race against each other through entertaining individual challenges or through the entire Physical Training course to earn the winning time."

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer