By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will WiiFit be butchered!

Alright well everyone knows that when something gets successful you see a dozen cheap rip offs released within a year or so of the origionals release. We all remember when Tamagotchi became a success in North America within a few months we saw Dinky Dino's , Pocket Pikachu's , Dino Pet....etc...etc...

The GamesIndustry is not immune to the copy cat syndrome infact I'd say our industry is built largely around stealing peoples ideas and mass producing similiar content. We have seen it happen many times. Games like  Brain Training games and the Petz games are a really big hits. So with everybody ripping one another off what will happen to WiiFit? 

My bet is that within a year their will be over a dozen Wii games that utalize the Wii's balnce board and I can almost guarantee a couple complete rip offs. I mean WiiFit has amazing selling potential due to the fact that the United States of America is now the most obese country on the earth. With all these millions of fat or obese people wanting to work off their milkshakes we are bound to see sales success. 

Fact is much like BrainTraining became a huge craze because parents and elderly citizens realized it would be healthy and help their brains WiiFit is targetting all of those not in shape. Now Nintendo must have a sequel in the works already much like they had back to back BrainTraining games come out. My bet is that UbiSoft and Sega will both take the WiiFit idea and utalize the balance board. Sega created its own brain training game for PSP and has shown a willingness to enter the casual market. UbiSoft's Petz label got utalized for the first time in a long time after Nintendogs got released.

My bet this year at E3 and E For All,TGS we will see the following games announced

-WiiFit2 (Nintendo)

-Fitness trainer (UbiSoft) 

-Get Fit PS3/360 (Sega)

-Some fitness game (EA)

With all the publishers embarassed over choosing to back PS3/360 over Nintendo I can see them all following Nintendo's lead head on.  Meaning alot of games for that couch potatoe to play to bulk up. With EA,UbiSoft already utalizing the balance board its only a matter of time before the Fit hits the fan

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

It's only a matter of time........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I's there really a need for WiiFit 2?

the only one you're wrong on is Wii Fit 2. They won't make a second one, but I DO see a Wario Ware Balance being put out so that the game can work with Wiimote, Nunchuck AND balance board

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

hmmm nice where you find that us obesity chart ? stuff like that interest me.

Around the Network

Namco is publishing a game for Wii where you move a lot and it uses a carpet as a control, I believe it's aiming at the same market...

Grey Acumen said:
the only one you're wrong on is Wii Fit 2. They won't make a second one, but I DO see a Wario Ware Balance being put out so that the game can work with Wiimote, Nunchuck AND balance board

RRR is allready doing it...

Former something....

Grey Acumen said:

I don't know I thought BrainTraining would be a single title game however it went to spawn sequel after sequel and get ripped off by almost every publisher out there. My bet is that Nintendo will launch a WiiFit sequel as demand for the balance board decreases. A way to sell and push hardware they saw how easily WiiPlay sold people extra controllers and how Konga despite not being the success of Donkey Kongs in the past managed to continue selling people more and more bongo's!

I think Nintendo will most definatly have a WiiFit2 out by the end of this generation if not as early as fall 2009. WiiFit is huge and Nintendo will capitalize on its success just like they did with BrainAge. Besides their are so many more Yoga poses and strength training excersizes they could do. Combining the WiiMote and balance board could bring ons of new titles.

I have no doubt that their will be a second WiiFit. Its a great way to ship hardware and they can only keep marketing the current WiiFit for so long before gamers and parents will want another one. I myself love WiiFit because it mixes gaming with excersize and I don't have to leave my house.

I know I want a second WiiFit and I know Nintendo knows their are more people out their who like WiiFit too! 

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

oh, no, i totally agree that Wiifit 2 will EVENTUALLY be announced, most likely with download content as well, but I definitely don't expect it to be announced as early as this upcoming E3

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I can definetly see Imagine Fitz being announced that uses the balance board alongside Dogz. You'll be required to turn the balance board paralell to the tv and walk on the spot alongside your VR badly drawn "dogz " whilst holding a piece of rope pretending it's a leash.

For multiplayer and DS connectivity you will get the wife to walk past you in the other direction and say "morning" to each other whilst she also holds a bit of rope tied to her DS playing DS imagine Dogz.