By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft Games per console

The only reason I've taken a second look at them, is they aren't being quick enough to counter what their forum moderator said.

You can't just let forum mods make policy statements like that and not have a PR statement either confirming or denying them.

So I've said, I like NMH and GRAW. I wouldn't let any gaming companies actions determine if I would by an excellent game made by them.

However if I have a choice between two average games and I see one is made by Ubisoft, I might pick up the other one just because what was said rubbed me the wrong way a little. It didn't need to be said even if it was true in that guys opinion, it was a little rude to Wii owners(I don't even own a Wii anymore, lol), and I'm not down with that.

So until the official Press Release, they aren't in my happy books, tbh, I don't care how many great games they've released.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
That's because games require that kind of "effort" to sell on the HD consoles.

All of the consoles are capital gains tools. The only difference lies in required investment.

So you're saying it's OK to underfund and rush Wii titles because they don't require quality to satisfy the consumers?

As for my statement, the CEO himself stated they don't use profits gained on Wii titlesto fund big budget Wii titles but big budget HD titles....titles that would not be funded at all if it weren't for the profits geenrated by Wii.  That sir, is a massive slap in the face to Wii gamers.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Khuutra said:
That's because games require that kind of "effort" to sell on the HD consoles.

All of the consoles are capital gains tools. The only difference lies in required investment.

So you're saying it's OK to underfund and rush Wii titles because they don't require quality to satisfy the consumers?

As for my statement, the CEO himself stated they don't use profits gained on Wii titlesto fund big budget Wii titles but big budget HD titles....titles that would not be funded at all if it weren't for the profits geenrated by Wii.  That sir, is a massive slap in the face to Wii gamers.

As long as the customer is satisfied... yes. That is one hundred percent what I am saying.

Not really. It would be a slap in the face f they thought that the same market for those kinds of games existed on the Wii, and they apparently do not. That's wrongheaded, but not particularly insulting.

How do they know until they actually try it for once? So far their efforts to reach that market have been met with half hearted attempts of which core gamers are much more picky about than casual gamers.

You know, we might actually give a damn about quality.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

eliasg said:
More Games for the HD consoles pls!!!!
OK, then Petz 2, Catz 2, Dogz 2 and Babyz Party on 360 and PS3.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
How do they know until they actually try it for once? So far their efforts to reach that market have been met with half hearted attempts of which core gamers are much more picky about than casual gamers.

You know, we might actually give a damn about quality.

Not arguing that point. I'm saying that their position is understandable - games like Assassin's Creed sell really well on the HD consoles. Ubisoft has been treated very well on them. Until that comes back and bites them, they're not going to change their minds.

And I'm not going to avoid games I like waiting for that to happen, either.

The thing is i don't care about how many games Ubisoft gives us, it could be hundreds for all i care.

I want something other than minigame compilations (RRR) and Babyz.

I also don't want spin offs (PoP). Give us something original, of nintendo like quality like you promised.

Quality=/=Quantity.

We are asking for QUALITY, it doesn't matter if it's at least 1 game, we want at least 1, for the 20 packs of excrement they decide to launch, after lieing to us about good support in the future.

Ubisoft doesn't deserve a single cent from us Wii owners from now on, after the statement they made and the effort they put in their Wii products.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

konnichiwa said:
Lots of Ubisoft threads this days;......

and they're getting a little boring!!

I give props to RRR, releasing NMH outside of japan, and interesting concept of Red Steel.

But, considering their Wii release list, ubisoft can just get completely off the wii bandwagon and go suck up to PS3 and X360 owners.