By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just thinking, what if Umbrella chronicles will be a FPS? Will it be good?

TWRoO said:
yushire said:
^^^

Its a horrible idea before too when CAPCOM shown the trailer of Umbrella Chronicles and realized that its a rail shooter, I remember what are the fans of Resident Evil back then...

There have been Resident Evil rail shooters before though (I don't think any are considered as good as UC though)

Personally RE4 is too much of a shooter in my opinion.... I loved the addition of Wii controls and the game is amazing, but I would like to see a proper Resident Evil again like RE1-3.

There were very few bits in RE4 that had you tensed up waiting for something huge to happen, most notably the first couple of minutes after entering the buildings on the Island, wheras REmake had me tense for the majority of the game, even when doing a second playthrough it made me assume something bad could still happen.

RE4 is a brilliant game (even better on Wii) but it isn't a proper survival horror IMO. Similarly I expect RE5 will be similar, in that it is going to be amazing for what it is, but not really similar to RE1.

I think perhaps part of the scarefactor might come from the lack of control you have in these games, yes there are zombies but they are not particularly scary in themselves, the fact that the controls in RE1-3 are clunky make it much scarier, and perhaps the fact you have very little control at all in REUC makes that scary (I haven't played it myself)

Theres still Fatal Frame 4 and Alone in the Dark though, but especially theres Fatal Frame 4. For me, the fatal frame series makes the original survival horror genre enjoyable again. Nut not only that Suda 51 will direct this game, I enjoy NMH BTW

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I still like RE4 though even with gameplay changes elements but there are many survival horror games out there making another Re 1-3 just becoming over saturated

But CAPCOM needs another franchise than the usual thats why a FPS zombie killing was perfect.

Everyone will never agree with me but just look at Resident Evil games had become. One is a shooter the spin off was a rail shooter FPS was inevitable.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

im not sue FPS will work to good with RE

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

^ Thats what you think...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

FPS isn't much different than over-the-shoulder TPS...

Around the Network

No to OP's question.

One of the charms of Umbrella chronicles is that it's a nod back to one of the most popular styles of the now dead arcade gaming: The on-rails shooter.

I think alot of people (including myself) liked UC alot more than we probably should have because it took us back to the days of the house of the dead and point blank.

So... rail shooters are dead? And the reason why UC was so popular wasnt because its a shooter but because its like the gameplay in the arcade? Err... you sure? How rail shooters are dead?

Its not dead here in our country...

E3 2010- Tape runs out