By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to cocky?

Gamer4life said:
I don't think they are too cocky. They are doing better than last year in sales. Also, its a fact that SONY takes cockiness to a new level. Everyone remembers how they were advertising the CELL and the PS3 and Lair just to name a few and we know how all that has turned out to be.

its too bad the 360 year on year sales arent anywhere near as good as the PS3 year on year sales.

And by too bad i mean great for SONY!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Yeah, they're cocky, but so is everyone. M$ is just the worse. In cockiness at this point in the gen, it's M$>>Sony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nintendo

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

colonelstubbs said:
Q_A_X said:
Z0MG MICROS0FT RNT 2 COCKY, COZ WEN TEH X-M0T3 G3TZ HEAR THE XB0X WIL ROOL!

For anyone unsure, i believe this should read OH MY GOD MICROSOFT ARE NOT TOO COCKY, BECAUSE WHEN THE X-MOTE IS RELEASED THE XBOX360 WILL RULE!

isn't sony developing their own motion controller type thing too?

yes microsoft have been a bit cocky lately, they keep spurting out a 5 million lead over ps3, but they dont tell you thats simply and only simply because its had over a year head start.

360 is still doing well though, but if ps3 price further comes down, that would be a worrying prospect for microsoft, i mean how much would they sell the 360 for £99?

all in all, we will have to look at the situation after the 2008 xmas period, to see who was right and who was wrong.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I don't think it's really a matter of being cocky , Microsoft are trying to convince their stakeholders, customers and every other relevant stakeholder that the XBOX 360 is still in a strong position .

I mean come on what would you say if microsoft said " Oh shit the PS3 catching up with us we're not sure wether we're gonna come 3rd this gen or not" This is competition and anything other than "cocky"ness is admiting defeat.

Around the Network

All Microsoft have to do is parade sensible facts...'our year on year sales are impressive' and not comical facts 'we hit 10 million first so we win baby!'

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

MS is definetly too cocky. right now they have a 5 million lead. MS had 10 million 360s sold when the PS3 launched. so yeah, Karma bites. and Sony definetly learned their lesson.