By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to cocky?

Microsoft and Sony keep bitch slapping eachother with cheap shots while Nintendo happily cruses ahead.. it seems to be the natural order of things nowadays.

Around the Network

Z0MG MICROS0FT RNT 2 COCKY, COZ WEN TEH X-M0T3 G3TZ HEAR THE XB0X WIL ROOL!

MGS4!

Its just PR spin... most companies do that but its clear to see Microsoft has fallen way behind in Europe and has now lost the lead in NA (despite having a year headstart)

"too"

pinback4life, as you're saying yourself twice, "the 360 is doing great", why wouldn't they be cocky?

Btw, Kaz is cocky too. Always.

Around the Network

"Next generation begins when we say it Begins"

"It's probably too cheap"

"We want the consumers to think they should get another job to afford this console"

"If you find a *** on shelves for more than 5 min I will give you $1200"

"We feel over the years we have achieved a brand value in which 5 million consumers would buy the *** even if it didn't have any games"
____-

Who's really cocky?? --- guess who said the above quotes.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Are they cocky? Yeah. That goes for ALL 3, not just Microsoft. Nintendo less so because when you're the leader by that much, you shouldn't punch down. The better question is 'why'? I've yet to see Sony release a statement saying they sold WAY more stereo speakers than JBL, or that Pioneer TV's is 4 da suxxors. Nor has the PR or brass of MS ever come out and specifically denigrate LINUX or Firefox or even iPod for overpromising or whatever. It's because they're too busy touting their own product then to worry about someone else's and because people who tend to buy those other products don't make purchase decisions based on PR from empty suits.
So, why is it different for the game divisions of these companies? Because they're speaking directly to the fanboys who are a major source of revenue and who seem to enjoy being in the trenches of the most pitiful "war" ever concieved. If it seems they're childish, it's just a reflection of the immature community that creates thousand-post threads online based on what some PR flack said.
In short: they're playing to the basest of their base.
They probably make dumb statements and get together with their counterparts at the other companies and have a snicker at the sad fallout.

darthdevidem01 said:
"Next generation begins when we say it Begins"

"It's probably too cheap"

"We want the consumers to think they should get another job to afford this console"

"If you find a *** on shelves for more than 5 min I will give you $1200"

"We feel over the years we have achieved a brand value in which 5 million consumers would buy the *** even if it didn't have any games"
____-

Who's really cocky?? --- guess who said the above quotes.

Sony would be the answer  to all of those quotes regarding the PS3.

Q_A_X said:
Z0MG MICROS0FT RNT 2 COCKY, COZ WEN TEH X-M0T3 G3TZ HEAR THE XB0X WIL ROOL!

For anyone unsure, i believe this should read OH MY GOD MICROSOFT ARE NOT TOO COCKY, BECAUSE WHEN THE X-MOTE IS RELEASED THE XBOX360 WILL RULE!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I don't think they are too cocky. They are doing better than last year in sales. Also, its a fact that SONY takes cockiness to a new level. Everyone remembers how they were advertising the CELL and the PS3 and Lair just to name a few and we know how all that has turned out to be.