By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Eyetoy didnt became popular as Wiimote/Wii balance board did?

^its a camera that put you on the screent and the object on screen get hit by your parts of the body

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

So there are laser on your body or something? D: Im not kidding on this post BTW just to let anyone knows.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

It had a ugly name.

No, you just pantomime gestures like tapping objects or targets like Minority Report, only the feedback is based upon what you see on the display rather than a projected image.

For some reason, I had no interest in this peripheral on the PS2, yet I bought a PSEye as a part of the Eye of Judgment package. Totally different gaming experience (for any platform) that is somewhat spoiled by the "card collector" mentality needed to be competitive online and partially spoiled by the fact that technically, the game can be played with just the cards even though there's no fun novelty factor in that.

I think I've bought just about all the PSN based Eye games. Unfortunately, none of them would sell me on buying the peripheral if I didn't already have one. They're kind of fun, but only for a little while.

yushire said:

So there are laser on your body or something? D: Im not kidding on this post BTW just to let anyone knows.

Generally EyeToy games respond to movement. If you hold perfectly still things like the orbs in EyeToy Kinetics will simply pass you. Things like AntiGrav seem to take a picture  and watch for how you lean or duck.

Around the Network

Eyetoy games were shit, that's why.

BrainBoxLtd said:
yushire said:

Generally EyeToy games respond to movement. If you hold perfectly still things like the orbs in EyeToy Kinetics will simply pass you. Things like AntiGrav seem to take a picture and watch for how you lean or duck.

So eyetoy was movement triggered? So whats the difference with eyetoy with Wii Fit then? In technical sense

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

The Balance Board does not trigger according to movement, technically speaking. It records the weight on each of the two scales. Then it figures out the distribution of weight and thus the balance between the scales, and determines your balance position from that. Think of it as a sort of way to turn the human body into a gigantic analog stick, and you have a somewhat accurate model of how it works.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

The BB is far more sensitive and it never loses track of you, even if you try to be still it knows your there because of your weight.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

brute said:
^maybe sony didnt let 3rd parties make games for it,plus that not really that big of sales to make a game from,cause its not garunteed 25% of eyetoy owners would buy a gmae that uses the eyetoy camera,but wii fit will sell a minimum of 12 mil which that is very good to make a game for,and as mroe games will be made for it,the more it will sell

There were 3rd party games. I remember some Sega superstars minigame collection that was pretty terrible.

Eyetoy was actually quite popular in Europe and Aus for some time....