By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Lies We Tell : BioShock’s Exclusivity

this article is intresting,,one of the producers says from the begining the title was muliplat ,,,MS approached them and paid them for timed exclisivity to brag about it against PS3 without paying for the complete exclusivity.

http://alwaysongames.com/blog/2008/05/29/the-lies-we-tell-bioshocks-exclusivity/

Now if sony gets their head out of their A** ,they will not let the same happen to bioshock 2.(specially after Kaz Hirai said that they are willing to pay)

it seems 2k is switching to  ps3 as the lead platform, as they believe it will benefit both versions. 

Around the Network

That's not really surprising at all. There were references to the PS3 in several of the .cfg files in the PC version. When Bioshock was originally revealed in an issue of Game Informer, it was listed as being available for "next gen consoles" and only later did it become a 360 exclusive.

@deviation

I know but SCEA should open their eyes more and not let this happen,,,,

I m willing to bet that it's the same deal with Haze,,it will be hitting 360 this holiday(99% positive)

lol not such a fair trade.

yeah,sony should start paying for exclusives

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Wow. Good to see that we have another Captain Obvious blogging about video games. At least it was short.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
brute said:
yeah,sony should start paying for exclusives

MS just paid for the advertising,,,but they did it in 06 which was a really bad time for sony,,,they had millions of other problems,,,hope they won't let it happen (09-10 games will show if the trend will con tinue or if sony is paying close attention)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

If BioShock is on the PS3, it better not have framerate problems or anything.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

@saviorX

they added new content (new weapons/new big daddies)and enhanced the length of the game and the game supposedly looks better than the 360/PC version(according to the preview),,,let's hope it's not a bad port from the technical point of view.

I'll play this again *if* (and only if) they implement mouse/keyboard control.