By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will SEGA every have a CHANCE 2 make a new console?

disolitude said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
Luck? You're kidding, right? It's Nintendo...

Yes damn lucky...going from the runner up to the runner up (gamecube 

Nintendo litteraly means ''leave luck to heaven'', so I don't think luck has anything substantial to do with the Wii's succes... =')

Around the Network

I wonder how it will sell if it's "Sonic by himself at the Olympics". ;)

Sega making a new console = taking a loss in at least first year = bankruptcy

no way they are that stupid

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

They have the chance, even right now.

They just can't be bothered. Their current position is a lot better than going bankrupt trying to save your console.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Sega is way too happy with the nice little comeback that they have made recently in order to flush the money that they have made down the toilet and possibly go bankrupt. They figured out that buy selling decent games for the leading console makes you tons of money when the leading console has little quality third party support. Expect Sega to stick to this strategy for a long time.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Sega Sucks, there console would fail. They need to stick to games.

But what do i know, i thought Nintendo should give up on consoles after the gamecube, and stick to handhelds.

Around the Network

Maybe if EA bought Sega, Capcom, Namco, and SE and then made a "Sega" concole with all the above companies making exclusive games for "Sega's" console, Sega could make a highly sucessful console. Personally I think Sega's only hope would be to make a niche handheld that is sold at a profit/break even...

brute said:
Squilliam said:
Apple + Sega or EA or Both, they need a partnership between someone with hardware experience and money and someone with games experience and franchises.

if apple make a partner ship with EA that would help them alot

brute.. Apple made a deal with EA in the gaming industry like half a year ago. That's why all the EA games also come out on Mac. 

http://www.apple.com/games/

http://www.apple.com/games/trailers/ea/

Sega should concentrate on putting out some decent games first.

I hope so.

I don't know why, but it would make me happy to see Sega reclaim its former glory.  I'd love to see Sega become a heavy weight in the video game industry once more.  It has a long road ahead of it especially in the quality department, but it's the good company that just won't give up.

gosh, i would be first in line to buy another sega console, i spent hundreds of hours with sonic on the genesis, and nights or virtua fighter 2 on the saturn. GOOD MEMORIES