By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will SEGA every have a CHANCE 2 make a new console?

disolitude said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
Luck? You're kidding, right? It's Nintendo...

Yes damn lucky...going from the runner up to the runner up (gamecube<Xbox<PS2) to selling like hotcakes while totally disreguarding rules and logic on which gaming was based on since the start (Next console = better graphics, more features) should be considered the luckiest thing any company has ever accomplished

So Sony must have been pretty lucky with the PS1, going from not even runner up but from not even being in the market, to beating the monopoly Nintendo.

Please, luck didn't have anything to do with it then or now. You design something, put it through focus testing, and bam find you have something good.

Around the Network

Also, question about those graphs. Are the graphs pointing out that Nintendo was as profitable as Sony during PS2,GC, Xbox times? Cause that doesn't seem right.

Random Person B said:
disolitude said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

Yes damn lucky...going from the runner up to the runner up (gamecube 

So Sony must have been pretty lucky with the PS1, going from not even runner up but from not even being in the market, to beating the monopoly Nintendo.

Please, luck didn't have anything to do with it then or now. You design something, put it through focus testing, and bam find you have something good.

Actually yes, Sony entered to the consoles race when Ninty made the biggest mistakes with the 3rd parties, and when SEGA was just been.. SEGA.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

no.......... Didn't they lose money this year because of their pachinko buisness being destroyed?

they aren't in good shape at all....... maybe a joint partnership with microsoft perhasps..... or apple. But the chances of that happening are next to zip.

I think the dreamcast would've had the best library if It could've re-surged, we might still be getting sega's good games. (anyone up for a sonic adventure that doesn't suck?)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Random Person B said:
Also, question about those graphs. Are the graphs pointing out that Nintendo was as profitable as Sony during PS2,GC, Xbox times? Cause that doesn't seem right.

one acronymn........ GBA

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Random Person B said:

The graphs may not seem right, but when you remember that Nintendo has never sold a console at a loss,plus they were making mega money on their handheld units from day 1,it does look right.

Regarding Sony being lucky with the PS1-it was the fact that most of the third party developers knew they could sell a ton of games on that platform as Sony was no compitition for them, whereas Sega and Nintendo were, on their own consoles.

Also the Final Fantasy series going over to the PS1 from the SNES turned the tide against the Saturn, so when the N64 launched the PS1 was already firmly entrenched as the leader in that generation. 

If Sega could ever get their house in order, they should put out a new console, as the Dreamcast did not fail, Sega failed the Dreamcast by being so broke when they released it, they could not afford to promote the system as much as it deserved.

Apple and EA would suck, whereas Apple and Sega would be a match made in heaven, as long as they don't over price the system. 

Dreamcast-18 years later "It's Still Thinking"

Random Person B said:
disolitude said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

Yes nintendo spent 10 years losing market share because it was part of their strategy. N64 was just a diversion...it was planned to go down like that. Gamecube...please...that was just to kill the time until wii came out.  

Random Person B said:

well ninty was making money on every system sold,plus theyre games sold alot

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

disolitude said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
disolitude said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

Your post fails in few things. NES was less powerful than the competition. Wii is more powerful than last generation consoles. Wii has more features than last generation consoles. And even if it would somehow defy the "laws", what gaming has seen so far, it doesn't defy the "laws" of business. If PS3 and (especially) 360 would be winning, it would defy the "laws" of business.

I don't think you read my post fully or you missunderstood it big time. I'm too tired to explain though...