By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will SEGA every have a CHANCE 2 make a new console?

People have been going around saying Sega's best chance to get into making consoles would be to make a next Gen console in the next few years. So, i started to think, would SEGA every gain enough money? If they were to make their own console they would have to say good by to multi-platorm games and if it flops the company WILL go bankrupt.

Currently Sega has come out with any amazing games with a ubber fan base for home consoles. (They do have better sales on the DS but not by much)

[URL=http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/372349/ps3.jpg.html][/URL] [URL=http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/372350/wii.jpg.html][/URL]

Around the Network

If Sega would do that, it would be their end.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

no i dont think they can afford to make another console

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Let us hope to god they never have the chance. Oh, wait, with how poorly they've done even after going software only they WON'T. They made some good consoles, but they could never do what it took to make them shine. I think it may have somethign to do with their inherent inability to make software that is both good and desirable (outside of 2D Sonic games). They don't understand the market at all, they never did, and they shouldn't be throwing money away like that anymore.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

I think they should make a portable Dreamcast handheld that is really inexpensive, but if it flopped Sega would probably go bankrupt and be bought out...

Around the Network
Hawkeye said:
I think they should make a portable Dreamcast handheld that is really inexpensive, but if it flopped Sega would probably go bankrupt and be bought out...

thats why i think they wont take the risk to be bought out

ChichiriMuyo said:
Let us hope to god they never have the chance. Oh, wait, with how poorly they've done even after going software only they WON'T. They made some good consoles, but they could never do what it took to make them shine. I think it may have somethign to do with their inherent inability to make software that is both good and desirable (outside of 2D Sonic games). They don't understand the market at all, they never did, and they shouldn't be throwing money away like that anymore.

What did you expect. Microsoft helped them out with dreamcast. We all no what happens when microsoft makes a partnership. 

First they screw over Apple, Then Sega, then 2 other companies helping with the Zune. What industry next i wonder.

Do you think apple would ever get into gaming? Everyone says they did with the Apple Pippin but they never intended on the Pippin to be a console. Besides it was sold by Bandai. 

There's always a chance so long as they're still in business as a game maker.

It may happen, but it won't be any time soon, I would say the reception to the next sonic game will be a big indication of whether they can or cannot make a new console (seeing as sonic is to sega as Mario is to nintendo, Masterchief to Microsoft and... Kratos? is to sony).

Personally, I would hate to see it happen, 4 home consoles seems to be too many to me.

ChichiriMuyo said:

Condemned, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Tennis are all made by SEGA.

OT: I doubt they will anytime soon--even with all the great games they've made recently, most people don't know that SEGA made them, and still sees them as a shadow of their former selves, at best.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Gearbox said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

What did you expect. Microsoft helped them out with dreamcast. We all no what happens when microsoft makes a partnership. 

First they screw over Apple, Then Sega, then 2 other companies helping with the Zune. What industry next i wonder.

Do you think apple would ever get into gaming? Everyone says they did with the Apple Pippin but they never intended on the Pippin to be a console. Besides it was sold by Bandai. 

if apple do enter gaming,it would be hand helds