By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boycott Ubisoft.Tell your Mom,Grandma as well.Don't just bitch on the net.

Bored4life said:
psrock said:
i just read what the guy said about the wii. He basicly said that wii owners are not gamers and said only party games sells on the wii. Can the wii casual gaming success hurt it with the 3rd parties, who can tell? if they are not developing hardcore games for it.
You guys shouldnt be mad at Ubisoft, blame Nintendo's marketing. They advertise the wii as a family only device, so developers are going to produce family only products. maybe Conduients will change their mind.

No Please.Please.Please.Please.For God's sake stop trying to pull this crap.

Ubisoft themselves admitted to making these games to help cover the costs of their HD games.Nintendo has already told everyone what they are doing.Ubisoft does not care.

i agree with you that they are not briging their best to the sytems, however, if the crap they do release are bought by the wii owners, why would Ubisoft care. Trust me, if these games dont sell, they will change their strategy, however if they do sell, it proves that they may have point.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Bored4life said:
psrock said:
i just read what the guy said about the wii. He basicly said that wii owners are not gamers and said only party games sells on the wii. Can the wii casual gaming success hurt it with the 3rd parties, who can tell? if they are not developing hardcore games for it.
You guys shouldnt be mad at Ubisoft, blame Nintendo's marketing. They advertise the wii as a family only device, so developers are going to produce family only products. maybe Conduients will change their mind.

Ubisoft themselves admitted to making these games to help cover the costs of their HD games.Nintendo has already told everyone what they are doing.Ubisoft does not care.

i agree with you that they are not briging their best to the sytems, however, if the crap they do release are bought by the wii owners, why would Ubisoft care. Trust me, if these games dont sell, they will change their strategy, however if they do sell, it proves that they may have point.

They won't even stay to it if they do sell. Red Steel( a crappy hardcore game) was the first 3rd party million seller on the wii. Then they go and say hardcore games don't sell.

There is even proof that the hardcore games on the top 50 outsold the casual games. 

psrock said:
Bored4life said:
psrock said:

None of their games sold well besides Red Steel and RRR, name a game that sold well besides those.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

sc94597 said:
psrock said:
Bored4life said:
psrock said:

They won't even stay to it if they do sell. Red Steel( a crappy hardcore game) was the first 3rd party million seller on the wii. Then they go and say hardcore games don't sell.

There is even proof that the hardcore games on the top 50 outsold the casual games. 

the problem is , they make more money on these crappy games even if it sell less because of development cost. Ubisoft knows how to do business, they are not stupid. They wont get away with that crap with HD consoles because it wont sell period.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
trestres said:
konnichiwa said:
trestres said:
konnichiwa said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
oh, damn, that's pathetic, Ubisoft is showing the wii no love. But i doubt thats all they are offering this year.

NO that's not all.

They have 

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=12928

and let's not forget the wii version of a snow boarding game that looks like ds graphics. I don't even think there is a ps2 version they are porting from either.

Since when does Wii owners care about graphics? If you don't like the graphics then buy the PS3/X360 version...

This has to be the most stupid post of the day.

Are you implying that we have to buy DS quality games on the Wii, just cause of a lazy arrogant developer? Wii is capable of much more. And yea I don't care about PS3 graphics, but I DO CARE that developers put some effort in their work.

Graphics show the amount of effort put in a game to begin with.

Arrogant developpers?  I am sure they think like a lot of devs are doing now.  People who are buying a PS3/X360 care about graphics visuals => Look to all those discussions Gears looks better!  No X game looks better etc!...

You only saw a screenshot no gameplay vid still you assume the Gold version will look like this?

Ubisoft is like one of the few devs who are porting some of their games to the Wii (a lot of them don't)  but if Ubisoft didn't made let it go on the Wii then we probably saw a thread now ;...Boycott Ubisoft because they don't port it to the Wii!  Serious;..

You are still acting stupid...

1)I saw a gameplay vid, you can see it at IGN.com

2) All their ports have had NO effort, zip zero NADA. They just do a rush job, port a 5 year old game, dont touch graphics, dont bother to adapt the controls properly, dont debug the game. What's worse they charge you 50 bucks for a piece of shit, I'd rather have my dog crap on my mouth before buying that.

3) We dont want ports of the HD games, we want games designed to be played with the Wii controls, and with at least some FUCKING effort technically.

1)  GT doesn't look to have it so I missed and I was surpised that it even looks okay, for sure not crap.

2)  Ah yes I agree with that..so you will not see much games of them start boycotting them already!

3)  A snowboard game that looks to play well with Wii fit board, and you saying they are not putting effort in it?

Sadly that you are so pathetic,  you make the Wii owners look bad do you know that?

B

Around the Network
psrock said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
Bored4life said:
psrock said:

the problem is , they make more money on these crappy games even if it sell less because of development cost. Ubisoft knows how to do business, they are not stupid. They wont get away with that crap with HD consoles because it wont sell period.

But these games never sold at all. http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=&console=Wii&developer=&publisher=347&genre=&keyword=&order=Hits Only the decent games and red steel sold.

Wait could we buy games that are published by them , but not developed by them like No More Heroes?

^Buy what you like, it makes very little difference.

psrock said:
Bored4life said:
psrock said:

Even their shovelware can't turn in a profit.

However they need it to fund their big games.That is why the shovelware is getting worse.They believe that they can make the game very cheap so even if it sells a few thousands it might still make a profit.Soon as even these games fail they'll go on to releasing games that take literally a week to make but this will mean only a very tiny profit per game.

Solution:Zerg rush the console with mass shit games just like developers did during the Atari days and hope that the tiny profits of each add up.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

The sad things is, their titles are still going to be better than a lot of the obvious shovelware already out there.