By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think Crysis will be announced for PS3 @ 2008 E3

does anyone think this will sell well on consoles?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:

I don't. It's mostly for Graphic Whores, and it won't be as pretty as it is on PC. Too many bottlenecks. I'd rather see what Crytek does with their custom console engine.

brute said:

UT3 level sales at best. Both games underperformed from a sales perspective on PC. Considering that most claim it's because of the cost required to upgrade for decent performance, which I don't entirely buy (publishers blamed piracy), it could potentialy sell better on the PS3 as was the case with UT3 if it was released in a timely fashion, but a year later? Questionable at best. See how well UT3 does for the 360 for a better comparison. 

I can't believe this thread has me comparing display modes for Crysis, but... low settings, 1280x720, 2xAA does not look the same as Uncharted as viewed on the same 1080p display.

A two second look at the ground textures and rocks and it's not even debatable. Switching to medium settings reveals: more of the same. blurred, low res textures with a fair amount of pop up. Water is rendered more realistically close up. Draw distances of objects being rendered can be checked by using the Binoculars. They'll show you what's not being rendered at far distances. 

Switch to high settings and there is a sudden drastic jump in the level of detail, measured by textures viewed up close. At high, Crysis genuinely looks better than Uncharted.  

But again, opinions are opinions even though texture detail is a lot less debatable when you're looking right at them.

No point in arguing how Crysis would look with a CBE based build on the PS3 until one is actually done. No point in arguing what settings it would be comparable with either on a PC unless you have intimate knowledge of optimizing display modes on both the PS3 and with DirectX10 and actually had a hand in coding Crysis.  

is the dev team behind crysis and far cry same?

both are crytek??

man that's too many cry's to remember

greenmedic88 said:
brute said:

UT3 level sales at best. Both games underperformed from a sales perspective on PC. Considering that most claim it's because of the cost required to upgrade for decent performance, which I don't entirely buy (publishers blamed piracy), it could potentialy sell better on the PS3 as was the case with UT3 if it was released in a timely fashion, but a year later? Questionable at best. See how well UT3 does for the 360 for a better comparison.

Crysis sold above EA's expectations and reached 1 million sales in just 45 days (in comparison Far Cry only sold 700k in 4 months), and it's still selling decent with a possibility of reaching 2 million in it's lifetime. Not bad for a game everyone thought it wouldn't run well on 95% of current PC's.

Secondly, UT3 sold far better on PC than on PS3 (it was still a bomb in both cases).

Around the Network

^im not too sure i have never really looked that up

shio said:
greenmedic88 said:
brute said:

Crysis sold above EA's expectations and reached 1 million sales in just 45 days (in comparison Far Cry only sold 700k in 4 months), and it's still selling decent with a possibility of reaching 2 million in it's lifetime. Not bad for a game everyone thought it wouldn't run well on 95% of current PC's.

Secondly, UT3 sold far better on PC than on PS3 (it was still a bomb in both cases).

but still they didnt like the sales to much thats why they said they will not be pc exclusive any more

It wasn't 1m units in 45 days unless they sold over 900k units in four weeks. First month sales were 86,633. Assuming this is for the month of November with a Nov. 13th debut and about two weeks worth of sales.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8352&Itemid=2

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/14/crysis-sales-in-crisis-ut3-gets-fragged-too/

greenmedic88 said:
It wasn't 1m units in 45 days unless they sold over 900k units in four weeks. First month sales were 86,633. Assuming this is for the month of November with a Nov. 13th debut and about two weeks worth of sales.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8352&Itemid=2

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/14/crysis-sales-in-crisis-ut3-gets-fragged-too/

Valve's marketing Director Doug Lombardi, on a recent interview on Shacknews: "(...)NPD, god love 'em, they release a US retail sales report, and people take that and say that's the world picture. And it's just not true. It's not like NPD is trying to be evil. Their job is to report North American sales data. They're doing their jobs. But people are taking that and discounting.. in Germany for example, retail sales of PC products crush all other games, with the possible exception of the DS. It certainly kills all of the next-generation consoles.(...)"

See where you did wrong?

And Crysis did sell 1 million copies in 2007, from mid-November to end-of-December: Crysis Comeback: Moves 1 Million Copies.

Not that it matters that much when those sales aren't even Crytek's biggest money maker (hint: Nvidia).

For those arguing about Crysis versus Uncharted on the first page, Crysis by far looks better, and I have played both on the same screen too. Hands down Crysis is the best looking game made to date, that just can't be argued. It is a technical masterpiece (and unlike others, I really liked playing through the game).

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!