By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New deBlob trailer!

ssj12 said:
you guys know this is a port/upgraded version of the PC game right?

i have the pc version its very good and it was free too, i forgot the site i downloaded from though

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network
ssj12 said:

So? I. It's multiplat PC/wii. Don't see much of that.

You know a big chunk of the 360/PS3 library is just ports of PC games, right?

Edit:Actually with a quick google search I see it was originally developed for PC by students, and the wii is getting a full game based on their project.

you can DL what they made originally here

http://www.fun-motion.com/physics-games/de-blob/

somehow i doubt the wii game is a direct port, seeing as how thappears to be just one level they designed. 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

ssj12 said:

where did you read that?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

link to the pc version

http://www.fun-motion.com/physics-games/de-blob/

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Go to their website, I'm DLing the game now.

I'm certain upon reading the article that the wii game isn't a port of this. There is only one small level, and there is no reward for completing it. This PC version is essentially a demo. It was seen as being very creative and got picked up to be made into a full game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
Go to their website, I'm DLing the game now.

I'm certain upon reading the article that the wii game isn't a port of this. There is only one small level, and there is no reward for completing it. This PC version is essentially a demo. It was seen as being very creative and got picked up to be made into a full game.

Really the PC version is more then just 1 level, you have to unlock an area at a time, which basically form one giant place. The Wii version is an upgraded version basically. It adds more space to bounce around, multiplayer, bonuses, and most importantly a save feature.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Have you played the game on PC? The wii version doesn't look or play like it. It's heavily upgraded. I just Dled the PC version and it's one city, decent size with 17 landmarks, your character looks different than he does in the wii version and isn't even a fraction as agile as he is in the wii version. Even if they just made you smaller in relation to your surroundings the game could be beat in an hour or less. It's only 99MB. I seriously doubt the wii version is a port of this student project that took 4 months to make, with 4 people working 25 hours a week. Why would it even take this long to port it to wii, if it was just a port of this tiny little student project? The PC version is just a concept peice made for a very specific purpose. It even takes place on the campus of where these guys went to school. The teacher told them to make it look like the campus would in 10 years (they were undergoing construction). It was displayed in kiosks on campus for people to play for 5 minutes as they went by.

ok, let me put it this way, what's your source that the wii version is a port of this student project just with multiplayer and wider streets?

oh yeah, further more just looking at the released videos of the wii version it has shown areas, and objects that aren't in this PC version.

The_vagabond7 said:

Have you played the game on PC? The wii version doesn't look or play like it. It's heavily upgraded. I just Dled the PC version and it's one city, decent size with 17 landmarks, your character looks different than he does in the wii version and isn't even a fraction as agile as he is in the wii version. Even if they just made you smaller in relation to your surroundings the game could be beat in an hour or less. It's only 99MB. I seriously doubt the wii version is a port of this student project that took 4 months to make, with 4 people working 25 hours a week.

ok, let me put it this way, what's your source that the wii version is a port of this student project just with multiplayer and wider streets? 

I was meaning more places to go roll around a paint in terms of space.... obviously they will have the area in the PC version plus more. Also 17 landmarks? there are 50 in the PC game.... at least the version I downloaded off the developer messageboards. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Damn.My old PC can't run this.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

there are 50 coins to collect, and 17 landmarks to paint.

from the website itself

"it is a 3D game in which the player controls a ball of paint rolling through the city. The ball can absorb coloured NPC’s to become larger and change its colour. With the paint, the player can then proceed to paint the entire city. Almost everything is paintable: buildings, trees, cars and using the paint trace even the ground. The main goal of the game is to paint all 17 landmark buildings. Hardcore fanatics can also try to collect all 50 coins that are hidden around the level."

So it's not really just a port of the PC version with multiplayer and online if they add a bunch of new levels, change the artwork, change the physics and control, as well as add new abilities, and change the fact that you don't get larger katamari style. Sorry, it just sounds like you're trying to minimize what the game is, as just being a slightly upgraded version of this PC demo. When in fact it is a fully fleshed out game, loosely based on the concept of "The blob" PC project.