By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Activision CEO Gets Aggressive, Mocks Wii Fit

Bodhesatva said:
Yakuzaice said:
That comment seemed more like a jab at gamers than at wii fit.

Seriously. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Activision Guy: "Wii Fit breaks with gaming tradition. Games are traditionally for fat lazy people, but this game is not."
Nintendorevolution.com: "Activision insults Wii Fit! They said it breaks with tradition!"

Ah, to me it read that Wii Fit was the one promoting a Twinkie lifestyle by being a cheap knockoff of a fitness device.  Perhaps my reading comprhension is off today though.

Around the Network

He is just envy that his company did not came up with Wii Fit first and to successfullt market. He was too busy milking the Guitar Hero franchise.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

at this point, anyone trying to pick a fight with Nintendo fans is asking to get to get their asses handed to them.

but in his case. loss of businesses. Just a dumb move.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Bodhesatva said:
That's a dig? I don't quite understand it if so. How is "Wii Fit is not keeping with tradition of video gamers as Twinkie eating pigs" a dig at Wii Fit? Isn't that... a dig at gamers? Am I misunderstanding something?

That's how I read it.

I don't know what's worse, that he's taking a swing at gamers or that its going over people's heads and they think he's attacking Wii Fit instead, effectively getting away with it.

Either way, Bobby Kotick is a bag of douche.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Doesn't seem to be a dig at Wii Fit................it seems more of a dig at gamers, in my opinion.

Around the Network

I've never touched a twinkie in my life. What the hell is a twinkie?

Gwah?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

How amusing of Mr. Kotick. Criticizing a game for appealing to a broader demographic than his own company's games do. I can't see any positive way to observe such a reaction to innovation backed with better business strategy...

I suggest Activision learns from Nintendo's example: don't compete, make something that will surprise people instead. If your product is compelling enough and different enough from everybody else, it won't matter who your "competition" is. It's a better solution than indignation towards those who are successful at something you didn't think to do and wouldn't have thought of doing.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.