By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A Woman in the Closet

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080531/ap_on_re_as/japan_closet_woman

Japanese woman caught living in man's closet

By MARI YAMAGUCHI, Associated Press Writer

TOKYO - A homeless woman who sneaked into a man's house and lived undetected in his closet for a year was arrested in Japan after he became suspicious when food mysteriously began disappearing.

Police found the 58-year-old woman Thursday hiding in the top compartment of the man's closet and arrested her for trespassing, police spokesman Hiroki Itakura from southern Kasuya town said Friday.

The resident of the home installed security cameras that transmitted images to his mobile phone after becoming puzzled by food disappearing from his kitchen over the past several months.

One of the cameras captured someone moving inside his home Thursday after he had left, and he called police believing it was a burglar. However, when they arrived they found the door locked and all windows closed.

"We searched the house ... checking everywhere someone could possibly hide," Itakura said. "When we slid open the shelf closet, there she was, nervously curled up on her side."

The woman told police she had no place to live and first sneaked into the man's house about a year ago when he left it unlocked.

She had moved a mattress into the small closet space and even took showers, Itakura said, calling the woman "neat and clean."

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

how could someone live in your closet for a year and go undetected!!!!!

thats pretty funny. how on earth can you not know someone else is in your house.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

yeah...fairly odd that he never went into his closet for a whole year

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I don't think she was just sitting in his closet. From what I remember reading, the police had searched the house pretty well before they foundher. Something about a sliding shelf or something.

Anyhow, if I was that guy I don't know if I could ever sleep at night again. Imagine trying to go to sleep and realizing a stranger had been sleeping in your home for one year and you never even knew. I wonder if he checks the house thoroughly each time he comes home now...

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

Saw it earlier as a link of "Odd News" from the Thong article thread.

I was wondering how long it'd be before someone posted it.

I'm surprise they couldn't noticed for a year, I'm about to start searching my house

Words Of Wisdom said:

Saw it earlier as a link of "Odd News" from the Thong article thread.

I was wondering how long it'd be before someone posted it.

.... 0_o ....

i created both threads at the same time :P

that is so creepy...wow

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

That's what I'm going to do when I'm 58...........go hide in someone else's closet. It sounds like an interesting way to live.