By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "MGS4 has two cutscenes nearing the 90 minute mark" - EDGE

darthdevidem01 said:
@munkeh111

but MGs isn't just about stealth....especially this one cus the controls have changed

you should try it out

{sigh I should be revising maths}

It comes out on the day that my exams end, but I think I will still be playing FF X, and if I finish that I should finaly get round to getting FF VII (or I and II for PSP while watching my brother play MGS)

{sigh I should be revising Geography and history... and english.. and tech}

Around the Network

It's a MGS game.!!! Whoever thinks that the large cutscenes are not for them then the whole series is clearly not for them...

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

@munkeh111

I think history should be ok....english I have almost given up on
_______

so you don't have FF7 CC on PSP yet? It comes on 20 June.....but I'm importing it from USA...much cheaper

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CrazzyMan said:
MGS is not a game, it`s a STORY with gameplay elements.

MGS is a game, a game with long cutscenes. 

Looks like i will need popcorn O.o

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

@jessman

yuck....

Chocolate, cookies n milk FTW!

The cut-scenes are part of the games personality

juudging from what i have seen so far, the game will integrate the cut scenes and gameplay without you even noticing it. It's what gaming should be about, telling a story and playing too. i cant wait.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

no long MGS cutscenes = NO CGI in FF = no Poke Balls in Pokemon = No minigames on wii

{the last = was joke before I am attacked & ripped to shreds)

FJ-Warez said:
Musouka said:
Here is what they said about the game (removed 2 points since they were near-spoilers):

- Not a game for MGS outsiders
- two cut-scenes near the 90 minute mark
- Camera flow effortless between 1st and 3rd person view
- Control system has "at last" the ideal balance of intuitvness and range.
- Game can be played for months rather than days.
- MGS4 is not the game it could of been, nor the game it should have been if you believed the early trailers (??)
- But is very faithful to its fans and delivers without equal in so many ways

Source (possible spoilers inside)

Well for one side is sort of bad, is almost the lenght of a movie... but since is just for fans...

The second point I think is about the graphics, the early trailers are CGI, the new ones are in-game, and there is a clear difference...

The early trailers were not CGI, it was all based on their game engine that happened to be running on a computer b/c Sony didn't send out the dev tools yet. The only thing KojimaPro had to determine how MGS4 would look like is the early PS3 specs, they must not have realized (just like everyone else) that coding for the PS3 was going to be so inconvenient.