By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

Haha, red card for Basti Fantasti. Well deserved. Schweinsteiger is such a stupid and overrated player, I could make an epic thread about him.

Deserved win for Crotia, no doubt.

Around the Network

I know this is late (couldn't get online for a long time).

But SPAIN is gonna win this year!!! ('¡A por ellos, !')

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

And a lifetime supply of beer or so I heard today in the radio

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

RolStoppable said:
okr said:
Haha, red card for Basti Fantasti. Well deserved. Schweinsteiger is such a stupid and overrated player, I could make an epic thread about him.

Deserved win for Crotia, no doubt.

How boring, you have to complain that your team lost and how Croatia cheated and stuff. If you say things like the above, it's no fun to laugh about Germany.

Wind aus den Segeln. 

Just_Ben said:
koffieboon said:
RolStoppable said:
I have lost faith in Germany and its future.

Their loss can be Austria's gain.

it is not over just yet :P

It is now. If Austria wins with a difference of 3 or more goals, or a difference of 2 goals when scoring at least 4 goals themselves, they'll only need a draw to finish ahead of Germany.

Around the Network

@Rol: If Rensenbrink would have scored instead of hit the post right before the end of the normal playing time we would have been world champions in 1978, there is nothing good about that....

RolStoppable said:
All Germans better hope that Austria doesn't lose today or else we would have the perfect setup for another Cordoba.

30 years ago, Austria was already eliminated before their final game while Germany still had the chance to qualify for the next round. We all know how that ended. The defending champion had to travel home.

Oh, and the Dutch finished second in that tournament. Good times.

Like all Austrian football fans, you mention Cordoba too often and you miss the point that this historical win is always more a burden for the Austrian team, not for the German one. I recommend you this interesting article on the subject:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/weltfussball/special/960/142646/index.html/sport/bundesliga/artikel/801/176270/article.html

Austrian football has to get over Cordoba, not to try repeating the same thing. If the Austrian team wins next Monday, it would be just a great win in Wien (but I bet all Austrian football fans would label it a 2nd Cordoba).

Anyway: Game starts in minute. Good luck to all Austrian and Polish football fans on this site.

@Rol: Please don't talk about all those painful parts of Dutch football history (although I wasn't even born yet when those finals were played).

TomaTito said:

I know this is late (couldn't get online for a long time).

But SPAIN is gonna win this year!!! ('¡A por ellos, !')

VAMO!!! MAdre Patria!!!!!!

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

How many chances does Austria need to score? They should have just made 3 goals in a time span of less than 5 minutes...