By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

Neos, is my avatar orange enough to stay in this thread?

Around the Network
okr said:

Neos, is my avatar orange enough to stay in this thread?

Hmm, could use a bit more orange imo =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

The Italians will bounce back, believe me. The 1/8th italian in me can see them storming back in their next two games and recording two mightily impressive....1-0 victories.

Go Italy! Spaghetti and stuff!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Yay! Go Netherlands! Initially, they weren't in my top 3 (they were 4th :P)but after playing football like that, they might be my favourite.

Also, serves Italy right. Finally a referee who actually gives freekics for when they dive.

Netherlands could be one of the favourites to win now (albeit having a tremendously though way to the final). I think they'll lose in the semi final though (to Italy or France), leaving Germany the winner.

What do you guys think? Is this a sign of things to come, or is Netherlands just a fad?

Holland is always among the favorites. ALWAYS.

Holland always plays great football, but much like Spain they just haven't had "the luck" to reach the finals in recent years.

Every episode of Holland is an AAA title. I'd give this years iteration about 94% on Metacritic.

It seems the Italians really missed cannavaro. Lets hope they can make a more impressive defense next match. On the other hand, two amazing counter attacks from the Netherlands and a couple of nice saves from safe hands van der sar.

Yes

Around the Network

^^ gotta be my favourite goalie.

Just checked back where I made my £5 bet :), the odds have now shortened on Holland from 13-1 to 5-1, good thing i made my bet before that match :D

Neos said:
colonelstubbs said:
The dirty cheating Dutch! Bastards!

That referee was blatantly biased towards the Dutch.

Goddamn dutch

exactly! once in a lifetime we are allowed to finally have the referee on our side!

The semi final in 2000 was a shame. The referee tried to kick us out so many times!!!

The first goal was offside, but it doesn't mean anything...the Netherlands deserved the victory and played very well. Congratulations! Italy deserved at least a goal in the second half though. Don't worry, we'll come back.

Hopefully Donadoni will change something because today everything simply went wrong, offense and defense. I want to see De Rossi, Perrotta and Aquilani playing instead of Camoranesi, Ambrosini and Gattuso. I also think Del Piero deserves to play the entire game, today was the only one that actually created something. Our defense really missed Cannavaro, and Materazzi was awful. I hope Chiellini will play the second match.  

Woohaa I will tell ya The Dutch will do something no other ever have done being the world Champion at the end of this tournament!!

Got my account back hurray!!

Wow, didn't expect this to happen at all. Holland may become the Euro Champions after all...

From BBC.co.uk:

But what looked a desperately poor decision was, in fact, a brilliant piece of officiating, according to the chairman of Austria's refereeing commission Gerhard Kapl.

Kapl said Van Nistelrooy was played onside by Italy's Christian Panucci, who had been injured seconds earlier and was lying behind the goal when the Dutch striker scored.

He said the goal was "100% correct, without any doubt", quoting article 11.4.1. of the refereeing code that states "an opposing player cannot be offside when one of the last two defenders has left the field of play" - as in the case of Panucci.