By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

papflesje said:
konnichiwaa said:
papflesje said:
Konichiwa: Frustrated that the Red Devils didn't qualify, you bad hooligan you?

We can't make a fool of ourselves at the EC, so I think the majority of the Belgians isn't too sad we're not there :p

If you ask me their are not that many soccer fans in Belgium, sad for the national team though the last two years there were like less than 1.000 supporters of the team at home..

Belgians are crazy about Cycling (you see them like everywhere like Tour De France) as the Dutch are about Soccer =p.

Well, that's because in cycling, we dominate a lot of the races (not the 3 week races though), and we have strong teams.

In football (grrr :p), we are more of a "meh, don't care", because our national team keeps going "oh, we're improving" when the results are worse and worse.  And the youngsters they have now, should've been able to perform quite well.  Let's see how they do in the WC qualifiers.  They said they would be ready for some good football then... 

And that only because the National -21 team did it well at the European Cup in Holland ^^''.

If I am right Austria had a great -21 National team like 2 years ago and we really can't say they are playing very well now...but maybe we will see more of them soon :)...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Today, Romania will win 1-0 and the Netherlands will win 2-0, at least that's how the games are supposed to end.

love for rolstoppable <3

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

RolStoppable said:
Today, Romania will win 1-0 and the Netherlands will win 2-0, at least that's how the games are supposed to end.
What !? No one have faith in Italy ?

Edit:

Hate for rolstoppable .

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

^ Love for the underdogs bro...

As of now it has always been that the team stronger on paper also actually manages to win the game so... it looks quite grim on behalf of the Romanian and Dutch teams.

Though I will stick with my tie concerning Netherlands - Italy

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network
Esmoreit said:
As of now it has always been that the team stronger on paper also actually manages to win the game so... it looks quite grim on behalf of the Romanian and Dutch teams.

Though I will stick with my tie concerning Netherlands - Italy

Actually both Romania and netherland are strong team. I hope Mutu will sink french team.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Shit;...They are not sure that Henry will play X_X...

Thatmax said:
elprincipe said:
Slimebeast said:
Thatmax said:
The Poles dominated for a good half hour overall but couldnt finish, I feel bad for them, living in south London there were many red and white flags being waved and they deserved maybe not a win but atleast one goal out of their many chances in the second half.

LOL! You rooted for the Polish just because England didn't qualify, that's why u got the impression that they dominated in the 2nd half. They didn't. Germany dominated the whole game and stomped Poland. Most of the Polish scoring chances were garbage, thus they didn't score.

Agreed, I thought the score actually flattered the Poles a little. Germany have been the most impressive side thus far, but we have yet to see many of the contenders.

Rol - sorry about the Austria result, that must have been tough when you actually were the better side on the day. Croatia took the lead and then played crap for the rest of the match, and you guys at least got some confidence out of it I think. Perhaps a draw with Germany and a win over Poland will be enough.

Poland may not have had the finishing power in the end but at many times it looked as if Poland could have easily scored, Poland made more chances overall statisticaly speaking. and I quote from the commentators "Germany are looking very weak now" but in the end it was simply bad defending on the Polish front which cost them the game, after the first goal went in there wasnt much action for a while and when Poland started running out of time they took the risk of pushing everyone further forward which inevitably cost them another goal.

So Germany did deserve a win but seemed to underestimate Poland, and in my books unless Germany dont sort out their defense issues soon then they may find themselves being battered by Portugal in the knockouts.

They had indeed more chances, but there was only one which was really good. Germany had 4 good chances and scored 2 goals. Also Poland just dominated the first 15 minutes in the 2nd half.

Ugh...so no Henry...Oh well:

Allons enfants de la Patrie
Le jour de gloire est arrivé !
Contre nous de la tyrannie
L'étendard sanglant est levé!!!

Pff I don't like how Romania is playing =p..