By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official UEFA Euro 2008 Thread

Tomorrow my home nation Italy (as i am 1/8 italian) begin their quest to add the euro championship to the world cup that they already hold.

Go Italia!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Thatmax said:
The Poles dominated for a good half hour overall but couldnt finish, I feel bad for them, living in south London there were many red and white flags being waved and they deserved maybe not a win but atleast one goal out of their many chances in the second half.

LOL! You rooted for the Polish just because England didn't qualify, that's why u got the impression that they dominated in the 2nd half. They didn't. Germany dominated the whole game and stomped Poland. Most of the Polish scoring chances were garbage, thus they didn't score.

Agreed, I thought the score actually flattered the Poles a little.  Germany have been the most impressive side thus far, but we have yet to see many of the contenders.

Rol - sorry about the Austria result, that must have been tough when you actually were the better side on the day.  Croatia took the lead and then played crap for the rest of the match, and you guys at least got some confidence out of it I think.  Perhaps a draw with Germany and a win over Poland will be enough.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Hmm Portugal looked in my opinion the best team so far;..(but maybe I am biased =p.).

colonelstubbs said:
Tomorrow my home nation Italy (as i am 1/8 italian) begin their quest to add the euro championship to the world cup that they already hold.

Go Italia!

There we go!!!! Let's go Toni!!!!

My guess on the formation: Buffon, Zambrotta, Barzagli, Panucci, Materazzi, Pirlo, Gattuso, De Rossi, Camoranesi, Di Natale, Toni...I don't think Del Piero will be a starter tomorrow, let's see what Donadoni thinks... 

Forza Italia. I really hope Italy manages to win this and takes the double but I wouldn´t be sad if Greece manages to win again which I think is out of the question but possible.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Pff screw Italy and their negative playing style. I definatly hope that the Dutch win not only because I am Dutch but because I hope that it shows that attractive, offensive football is a lot more fun then the "defense and counter" style gameplay the Italians always rely on.

But my predictions for today: France - Romania: 3 - 0 (after which the French do a great match friday against the Netherlands, then get tired quickly.)

Italy - Netherlands: 1 - 1. First tie of the EC.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Whaaah can't wait for tonight. I'm already nervous! And yeah, my Orange stuff is ready to hit the streets! I love it that we have such a nice color to identify with.

Come on you Dutchies: change those avatars!

Konichiwa: Frustrated that the Red Devils didn't qualify, you bad hooligan you?
Portugal looked good, but the Turks were horribly bad, so can't say too much about it. Germany was impressive. I've predicted a Germany - Holland final.

I think the French are very overrated. They're going to have a hard time vs Romania.

Sorry guys Italy will win :)

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Konichiwa: Frustrated that the Red Devils didn't qualify, you bad hooligan you?

We can't make a fool of ourselves at the EC, so I think the majority of the Belgians isn't too sad we're not there :p

papflesje said:
DirtyP2002 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Germany will win over Poland today! Thanks to a bet, i will have to colour the german flag in my hair if Germany wins with more than 2 goals difference.

DAMN!

... with "MORE than 2 goals".

you're safe with the bet.

That was my fault, thanks to my not perfect english. 2 Goals difference were enough.

I was so sure, that this will be a very tight game, maybe 1:0 or 2:1, but actually i thought it will end with a draw. That was the game of the year for the polish team. They prepared very well, so i was very sceptical.

Well time to get my hair made tomorrow...

Today netherlands vs Italy. I guess Italy will make it, but i won't bet this time.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...