By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - which series will be the top selling this gen?

calling the Wii XXX games a series is like calling all "ea sports" games a series in my opinion

so the ea sports series will win wohoo *yawn*

Around the Network

Call of Duty franchise sales have been really impressive, it will beat 30m with CoD 6 as well

I hope the Elder Scrolls series. ^^

Oblivion: 5 million.
TES 5: 7.5 million
TES Online: 2.5 million
-----------------
~15 million

Other franchises I like that will sell over 10 million:

Star Wars:
SW Unleashed (Wii/PS3/X360): 7.5 million
Lego SW x many: 8 million
SW Battlefront 3: 5 million
Knights of the old republic 3: 3 million
Jedi Knight HD (PS360, PC): 4.5 million
KOTOR Online: 1 million
other (RTS, racing, movie game, JK-Wii etc): 8 million
------------------
~37 million

Halo:
Halo 3: 9 million
Halo Wars: 3.5 million
Halo Chronicles: 5.5 million
------------------
~18 million

Resident Evil:
RE4 Wii + UC: 3 mill
RE5: 5 mill
RE"5" Wii/PC: 3 mill
other versions/spinoffs: 3 mill
--------------------
~14 million

Assassin's Creed:
AC (PS360, PC): 9 mill
AC "Chronicles" Wii: 2 mill
AC2: 11 mill
AC3: 5 mill (will be on PS4/XB3 also, thus lower sales)
------------
~27 mill

Note: I've excluded handhelds because I don't like 'em, and PS2 because it ain't this gen.

Battlefront III will sell more that 4m, if it comes out next year, so many people are desperate for this game, and with FR behind it (forget HAZE!!!!!!!!!) it should be a fantastic game. Other than that, I think that is good analysis, although GT could be put on there cause it could beat 10m, and FF will certainly beat 10m, with both XIII and v XIII selling extremely well, with a Wii spin-off as well

Mario party.

scottie said:
Sorry champ, the best FF games were for the SNES

Only if you disclude he FF ports for the playstation

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Battlefront III will sell more that 4m, if it comes out next year, so many people are desperate for this game, and with FR behind it (forget HAZE!!!!!!!!!) it should be a fantastic game. Other than that, I think that is good analysis, although GT could be put on there cause it could beat 10m, and FF will certainly beat 10m, with both XIII and v XIII selling extremely well, with a Wii spin-off as well

Fixed. Or is 5 mill still too little for BFIII? Is there a Wii version being made BTW?

What is GT? If it's Grand Turismo I don't have it there because I only listed favorites. ^^

Somone should put a serious breakdown of all the coming FF-games. I hate them but it's interesting to see.

EDIT: what is Free Radicals pedigree BTW? My internet explorer is behaving strange, so I can't Google it.

I forgot Zelda. I love Zelda but the gameplay difficulty is hard as hell so I'm not sure if Ill ever get a Wii. And therefor I'm not very well informed about sales/titles either.

Someone do a reasonable speculation on Zelda sales this gen (Wii only).

@ slimebeast I did mean Gran turismo and I think 5m is about right for BF III, they have not announced platform details (or even announced the game!) but I do expect a PS360 Wii title. Free Radical did Goldeneye and then the Timesplitters series, so they have made great games in the past

With Final Fantasy games, the ones coming out are only XIII and Versus XIII (is there something for the Wii that I have forgotten?) if you forget handhelds. However, there will be more games in the XIII series and it is set to be twice as big as the VII compilation

Slimebeast said:
I forgot Zelda. I love Zelda but the gameplay difficulty is hard as hell so I'm not sure if Ill ever get a Wii. And therefor I'm not very well informed about sales/titles either.

Someone do a reasonable speculation on Zelda sales this gen (Wii only).
only zelda majora's mask was hard TP and wind waker were very easy, puzzles and combat very easy my 10 year old nephew beat them without using guide.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
scottie said:
Wii series may exceed the sales of the Mario franchise 's sales over ALL generations (According to Wikipedia, it was on 200 million, but that was before Mario Kart Wii)

That's Wii sports - 150 million
Wii Play - 20 million (minimum)
Wii Fit - 25 million (minimum)
Wii Chess - fairly insignificant
Wii Music - 10 million (minimum)

Total 205 million

And I'm assuming that Nintendo will bring out more Wii something games, maybe even a Wii sports 2

Wii Chess isn't done by Nintendo I think... and Wii Fit will definitely not outsell Wii Play; it's more expensive to produce and buy, and Wii Play already has an enormous headstart.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3