By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - which series will be the top selling this gen?

scottie said:
Wii series may exceed the sales of the Mario franchise 's sales over ALL generations (According to Wikipedia, it was on 200 million, but that was before Mario Kart Wii)

That's Wii sports - 150 million
Wii Play - 20 million (minimum)
Wii Fit - 25 million (minimum)
Wii Chess - fairly insignificant
Wii Music - 10 million (minimum)

Total 205 million

And I'm assuming that Nintendo will bring out more Wii something games, maybe even a Wii sports 2

if wii sports 2 releasing it will definitely be the top selling series this gen by a large amount

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Wii series, 100% sure and everyone else too. (I know you are)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

i just thought,what if ninty releases a nintendog sequel for DS and a wii version of nintendogs do you guys think it will challenge the wii series for top spot?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Probably the Wii series, like you said. Nice thumb, by the way. 

brute said:
Cougarman said:
mario series if you count ds mario games then it already sold more then 30 million already

hasnt the wii series sold more then 30 mil

i was not counting wii sports since its bundled and the mario games are not

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

wii series>>>>>>>mario games for ds/wii>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>final fantasy(if we count ds/psp remakes and games from crystal chronicles series for ds/wii/wiiware)

Wii series will win by miles, but I don't really know if you can really count it as a series, as each game has very little connection with each other

brute said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
sc94597 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Dare I say it. Mario series there is too many of them on the Wii and DS.

I would love to say Final Fantasy series because it deserves that title.

Really? What final fantasy games have you played this gen that were good? I've played many,but they were on the ds so I don't know if you played them.

@ Op agreed.

FF XIII, FF XIII Versus, FF XIII-2 and FF XIV.

I have not played those four PS3 exclusives yet they have not been released but they would each be great perfect scores games I would have to give them each perfect 10 out of 10's. Those FF games would each sell millions of copies.

not saying that those games wont be awesome,but dont you think you shouldplay it before judging them

It's not fair to ask him to play the games as FF13 is expected until next year and the other games may never even come out (or at least not on PS3).

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

FreeTalkLive said:
brute said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
sc94597 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Dare I say it. Mario series there is too many of them on the Wii and DS.

I would love to say Final Fantasy series because it deserves that title.

Really? What final fantasy games have you played this gen that were good? I've played many,but they were on the ds so I don't know if you played them.

@ Op agreed.

FF XIII, FF XIII Versus, FF XIII-2 and FF XIV.

I have not played those four PS3 exclusives yet they have not been released but they would each be great perfect scores games I would have to give them each perfect 10 out of 10's. Those FF games would each sell millions of copies.

not saying that those games wont be awesome,but dont you think you shouldplay it before judging them

It's not fair to ask him to play the games as FF13 is expected until next year and the other games may never even come out (or at least not on PS3).

Yeah, but he said that these games deserve the best sales this gen without playing them.

Yeah, he's an idiot.

@OP I agree with brute, Wii series by far.

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?