By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Many Flaws of Tales of Symphonia

Words Of Wisdom said:

ItsaMii said:

The entire Lufia series. Lunar.

But why? There was never a moment in game where I said "Ex-Spheres have really made this game easier" or "Wow, I wish I'd had some better Ex-Spheres equipped." The base problem was that I didn't need them.

Cooking is not useful. At all. I don't set anyone to go all out. I usually set them to Moderate or Conserve (whichever one does the 25% TP use). With Lloyd I didn't use TP unless the enemy warranted it as Lloyd's own attacks were usually sufficient. Saying that if you go all out every match, the TP recovery will be useful is like saying that if all you do is stand still and get hit that the HP recovery will be useful. Sure it might be true, but you're a pretty foolish player to do that.

1)Are you talking about the same Lufia I have played on the Snes? Lufia is really weak compared to the Hero (damage potential and defense). Jerin joins 20 levels below your party and never catch up to the rest (even taking into account the fact that she hits a entire group). Aguro is stronger than the Hero but he never learn a single spell. So, you are telling me that the Hero of Lufia is not overpowered? He has great healing spells (like Jerin), the second most powerfull attack (Aguro is not much more powerfull), several buff and debuff spells (like Lufia) and exclusive field abilities.

Lufia 2 is not much different. Selan and Guy have the same problems that Lufia and Aguro have. Tia is weak and leaves the party early. Dekar is like Guy. Maxin is not so overpowered, because there are several exclusive IP attacks. I would exchange Lufia or Artea for another Maxin just like you would change Presea or Regal for another Lloyd. And lloyd has no healing spells.

As for Lunar i have no clue. I only played the 1st and 3rd ones for some hours. The fact that you only know a single (Lufia is a poor example) RPG franchise where the Hero is not overpowered kinda proves my point. I can make a much bigger list of RPGs with overpowered protagonists: FF 7, 8, Shadow Hearts, Persona 3, Chrono Cross, Secret of Mana, Fire Emblem RD, Breath of Fire series, Kingdom Hearts, Radiata Stories, Secret of Evermore, Paper Mario series, TWEWY. You can ignore Secret of Evermore, Paper Mario and TWEWY because these game only use a 2 character party and the 2nd one is usually very limited. Even so it is a better list than yours.

4) I repeat you are playing it wrong. You can play (and finish) Final fantasy 7 without using some kinds of materia, but that doesn`t make the game easier. Using spheres in ToS is very usefull. You can buy items cheaper and sell them for more money, you can get free items from NPCs and some titles are impossible to get without them. Did you beat the solo challenge in arena with every single player? Did you beat the game in mania without abusing the titles or 10X exp? There is no way to twist this one, ex skills make the game much easier. And saying that you can beat the game without them is not a good point. I can beat almost every RPG 20 levels below the average player, but I do not go on saying that leveling in game X is pointless or that the level cap should not be higher than 40.

5) Answer me, what a smart player is more likely to do?

a) Set a the AI to go all out and attack with lots of techs so that he can kill the enemies faster and get more XP, cooking XP, tech xp and money per hour.
b) Set AI to save TP and use normal attacks on enemies so he can save his TP and never use the cooking
 menu in the game.
c) Stand still and get hit so that the HP recovery will be more useful.

Cooking is usefull on several cases:

- to built tech xp to unlock new techs

- to save itens for boss battles

- to recover between arena fights

- to save time, just go all out without the risk of runing out of TP  (grinding for money, items or XP)

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

I totally agree with you on that Collete part. She couldn't make many decisions for herself and always had to get people's approval. And when she tried doing things on her own, she made like the worst choices possible. Nobody wanted to tell her she was wrong and that nothing was her fault. I noticed all the babying, which was annoying. When the world is at stake, its time to grow up.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I agree with WOW for the most part. I went into Tales of Symphonia maybe three years back and plugged away at it for about 6 months for completion. Most of the gameplay aspects like Ex-Spheres and Cooking I don't feel were useless, but they were entirely optional. I never did much with both and I finished the game easily after a good 70 hour playthrough(I got lost a lot). I did like however that I didn't have to grind much through the game. Just playing through the main story popped my main team into the late 30s and 40s, which was enough to take down the final bosses. As far as the characters go, I can't say they were that bad, Lloyd included. They weren't the greatest either but definitely above average. What really hooked me into the game was the basic combat system, which was stellar.

As far as the story goes, I really loved it at first, and the first twist with Kratos' betrayal and learning the Chosen One thing is a hoax was great, but the story just got larger and larger, explored each portion less and less to the point that I felt it dragging for the last 20 or so hours. It could have used better editing for sure, but I suppose many RPGs are guilty of this.

Overall i'd probably throw an 8/10 for this game, with the combat being the major high and the last 1/3rd of the story being the lowest low. I do recommend it for RPG fans. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Outlawauron asked me to make one here.

It's not so much that I disliked Tales of Symphonia or that it's a bad game but rather that I keep hearing certain people talk about it like it was the greatest RPG ever when really... it's far far from it. If anything, it feels like an RPG for 10 year olds.

Rather than needlessly insulting the game every time someone mentions how great it is and spoiling the mood, I guess I'll just make a thread to discuss my problems with it with anyone who might care.

1) Lloyd is overpowered. The only thing that comes close to Lloyd power-wise in this game is Genis/Raine's Prism Stars attack. Lloyd is fast, combos hard, and deals crazy amounts of damage. Sure main characters are supposed to be good but he's ridiculous.

In no place does this shine more so than the arena. He quite possibly had the easiest time in the arena by himself as there was a two step plan to almost every victory. Step 1, jump over the enemy. Step 2, use Raining Tiger Blade. Then you win. You see, the enemy can't turn around before you recover from this move so you can continue to mash the special move button doing this over and over until the enemy is dead or you run out of juice (if you have regen-type items you're set).

Solve the problem of healing and Lloyd could probably solo the game easily. The ultimate party in this game would be Raine (for healing), Genis (for Prism Stars with Raine), and two Lloyds because there is no other party member who's pure unfettered power compares to Lloyd. In fact, if you could ditch the entire rest of the cast for another Lloyd... you'd probably be doing yourself a favor.

I'd say its more that the game is simply very easy.  Any of the fighting characters can demolish any enemy.  Zelos/Kratos with the EX-skill that lets them chain skills in any order can actually deal FAR more damage than Lloyd since their most powerful skills incur fewer -15% canceling penalties. 

2) Lloyd is an idiot. I hate stupid main characters almost as much as I hate emo main characters. They both suck the fun out of the story and make me wonder why that person is the main character in the first place. In the old days, you had characters that didn't talk at all, they just kicked ass. The ones that did talk, like Maxim of Lufia 2, also kicked ass and when they talked people listened because intelligent things appeared in their text boxes.

The problem with Lloyd is not so much that you learn that he's not the brightest of the bunch really quickly. The problem with Lloyd is that the game never lets you forget that. Pretty much every side conversation between Lloyd, Genis, Raine, or Kratos serves to remind us that Lloyd is not too bright. It's almost as if Genis in particular has a buzzer that alerts him when Lloyd says or does something intelligent so that he can quickly make Lloyd feel stupid again which is pretty much what usually happens. If Lloyd amazingly says something smart, Genis (or sometimes Raine) is always quick to point out how good it is in such a way as though Lloyd were a dog that unexpectedly just did a trick.

I kind of see this whole struggle like a tug of war. On the one end is the plot which is desperately trying to portray Lloyd growing as a character and learning from his experiences. On the other end is the rest of the cast which immediately tugs back every time the plot has a chance of doing this. Needless to say that for someone who'd really like some character growth and development as part of the story, it gets frustrating.

Rofl, yep.

3) Colette has the brains of a shrubbery. Colette is dense, really dense. Lloyd isn't smart, but you can practically hear the wind whistling from ear to ear through Colette's empty head. When Colette tries thinking, bad things happen. If there's a good conclusion and a bad conclusion you can draw from something, Colette will pick the bad one and then Lloyd needs to comfort her when she becomes angsty (stupid and emo, woo hoo!).

It's almost as if the game is telling us that Colette needs Lloyd to practically do her thinking for her. Sadly, being that this is Lloyd we're talking about... that doesn't quite work either. The result is that Colette needs to be babied by everyone. Things need to be explained simply to her and putting big ideas into her head can become disastrous fairly quickly (as the plot shows).

Why is this bad for me? I don't like babysitting RPG characters. It's not fun. It's frustrating to watch the characters make stunningly bad decisions that anyone with a bit of common sense could see through. Colette seems to be a master of that... if nothing else.

Yep, again

4) Ex-Spheres are practically useless. I don't understand why developers put worthless things into games. They waste my time, make me excited over nothing, and possibly waste my in-game money. Ex-Spheres are kind of like this. Yeah, they give you some neat abilities, but really... why bother? You don't need them to win any fights. There was never a time where I said, "Gee, that fight was so much easier thanks to my Ex-Spheres!" You know why? Because they never mattered.

In other games like Final Fantasy VII, we got Materia. You could summon a freaking dragon from the sky to blow up enemies. It was great. It let you do things that were awesome and using it correctly increased your characters' power levels exponentially. In Tales of Symphonia, the most useful Ex-Sphere ability I had was the one that let me run twice as fast in areas (thanks for no run button jerks). Yay. I'm sure Cloud would be so jealous of that one.

The "Personal" ex-skills are actually useful (like the run skill), though not in combat as you mention.  Some of the end game combo skills are also useful but the whole game is a huge push-over anyway.

5) Cooking is useless. Now, there's a slim chance that cooking could be useful. However that slim chance involves not having Raine in your party which you will for most of the game. You see, since your special ability points recover after each battle and with each weapon hit... you essentially have infinite healing. So why go through the trouble of learning recipes, finding ingredients, and building your cooking skills when you could just have Raine use Nurse and restore everyone's HP to full instantly?

The answer is you don't. It's another set of worthless collectibles... like Ex-Spheres.

Cooking is actually the fastest way to get overdrives (10-15% if the right food is cooked I believe - though again you have to consult a guide in order to find out what food you should cook for what characters) ... which is only useful if you want to Spam Sheena's kill-bosses-in-one-hit summons =D.

6) I saw it coming! The developers seem to think audience is full of idiots (much like the game's cast). Anything that would be an interesting plot twist is blatantly given away taking away any chance of surprising the player. On the other hand, things that you could guess almost immediately are of course kept secret for 10 hours of gameplay and then revealed as though you didn't realize that 10 hours ago.

As a good example of the former, let's take the battle with the people at the shrine who call themselves "Desians." Now, this could have been interesting later when the player realizes "Oh wait, those weren't real Desians so who were they?" Of course, that would be intelligent and require thinking on the player's part but we can't have that. The enemies let you know almost immediately that they're only pretending to be Desians. Great. So much for intrigue.

On the other end, we have Kratos. Oh wow, Lloyd has no real father and we just met this older, experienced mercenary who strangely seems bent on keeping Lloyd out of danger, wouldn't be it be interesting if he was Lloyd's real father? About 23 hours later... "Aw dammit."

I agree again. 

This list is no where near complete but rather just those things that occurred to me while writing it. I'm sure there is plenty more. If anyone has played Tales of Symphonia and has their own complaints feel free to post them and I'll add them to the list too.

My biggest complaint in the game was that there was no camera adjustments for multiplayer and no free-run option. (The second essentially made it extremely cumbersome to have two human players play as melee heroes since they both can't get within melee range without using some very bothersome tricks (imitating free-run by targeting an enemy not in line with the one you actually want to target or using sheena's sky-high jump to jump over them)) Fortunately, these were added in the next Tales game, Tales of the Abyss.

Yay for the thread!

It's good to see other being picked apart that aren't in the Final Fantasy series.

(It seems that big, popular games are treated far more harsh than smaller RPGs)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

Outlawauron asked me to make one here.

It's not so much that I disliked Tales of Symphonia or that it's a bad game but rather that I keep hearing certain people talk about it like it was the greatest RPG ever when really... it's far far from it. If anything, it feels like an RPG for 10 year olds.

Rather than needlessly insulting the game every time someone mentions how great it is and spoiling the mood, I guess I'll just make a thread to discuss my problems with it with anyone who might care.

1) Lloyd is overpowered. The only thing that comes close to Lloyd power-wise in this game is Genis/Raine's Prism Stars attack. Lloyd is fast, combos hard, and deals crazy amounts of damage. Sure main characters are supposed to be good but he's ridiculous.

In no place does this shine more so than the arena. He quite possibly had the easiest time in the arena by himself as there was a two step plan to almost every victory. Step 1, jump over the enemy. Step 2, use Raining Tiger Blade. Then you win. You see, the enemy can't turn around before you recover from this move so you can continue to mash the special move button doing this over and over until the enemy is dead or you run out of juice (if you have regen-type items you're set).

Solve the problem of healing and Lloyd could probably solo the game easily. The ultimate party in this game would be Raine (for healing), Genis (for Prism Stars with Raine), and two Lloyds because there is no other party member who's pure unfettered power compares to Lloyd. In fact, if you could ditch the entire rest of the cast for another Lloyd... you'd probably be doing yourself a favor.

Lloyd is not overpowered. You can actually perform neverending combos with characters that can do magic by cancelling the spell. It's really easy with Zelos and Sheena. Regal and Presea are also pretty good once you get used to them. Colette has a thief ability. No characters are really that strong compared to the others.

2) Lloyd is an idiot. I hate stupid main characters almost as much as I hate emo main characters. They both suck the fun out of the story and make me wonder why that person is the main character in the first place. In the old days, you had characters that didn't talk at all, they just kicked ass. The ones that did talk, like Maxim of Lufia 2, also kicked ass and when they talked people listened because intelligent things appeared in their text boxes.

The problem with Lloyd is not so much that you learn that he's not the brightest of the bunch really quickly. The problem with Lloyd is that the game never lets you forget that. Pretty much every side conversation between Lloyd, Genis, Raine, or Kratos serves to remind us that Lloyd is not too bright. It's almost as if Genis in particular has a buzzer that alerts him when Lloyd says or does something intelligent so that he can quickly make Lloyd feel stupid again which is pretty much what usually happens. If Lloyd amazingly says something smart, Genis (or sometimes Raine) is always quick to point out how good it is in such a way as though Lloyd were a dog that unexpectedly just did a trick.

I kind of see this whole struggle like a tug of war. On the one end is the plot which is desperately trying to portray Lloyd growing as a character and learning from his experiences. On the other end is the rest of the cast which immediately tugs back every time the plot has a chance of doing this. Needless to say that for someone who'd really like some character growth and development as part of the story, it gets frustrating.

While it's true that Lloyd is an idiot, I didn't mind really. He made me laugh.

3) Colette has the brains of a shrubbery. Colette is dense, really dense. Lloyd isn't smart, but you can practically hear the wind whistling from ear to ear through Colette's empty head. When Colette tries thinking, bad things happen. If there's a good conclusion and a bad conclusion you can draw from something, Colette will pick the bad one and then Lloyd needs to comfort her when she becomes angsty (stupid and emo, woo hoo!).

It's almost as if the game is telling us that Colette needs Lloyd to practically do her thinking for her. Sadly, being that this is Lloyd we're talking about... that doesn't quite work either. The result is that Colette needs to be babied by everyone. Things need to be explained simply to her and putting big ideas into her head can become disastrous fairly quickly (as the plot shows).

Why is this bad for me? I don't like babysitting RPG characters. It's not fun. It's frustrating to watch the characters make stunningly bad decisions that anyone with a bit of common sense could see through. Colette seems to be a master of that... if nothing else.

Colette was funny even though she wasn't the best character in the game. Personally, I couldn't stand Genis. I always wished Zelos would do something about him as he was an arrogant little brat. Anyway, it's just a matter of preferences.

4) Ex-Spheres are practically useless. I don't understand why developers put worthless things into games. They waste my time, make me excited over nothing, and possibly waste my in-game money. Ex-Spheres are kind of like this. Yeah, they give you some neat abilities, but really... why bother? You don't need them to win any fights. There was never a time where I said, "Gee, that fight was so much easier thanks to my Ex-Spheres!" You know why? Because they never mattered.

In other games like Final Fantasy VII, we got Materia. You could summon a freaking dragon from the sky to blow up enemies. It was great. It let you do things that were awesome and using it correctly increased your characters' power levels exponentially. In Tales of Symphonia, the most useful Ex-Sphere ability I had was the one that let me run twice as fast in areas (thanks for no run button jerks). Yay. I'm sure Cloud would be so jealous of that one.

The main quest is easy. However, if you wish to defeat Abyssion or the 3rd Sword Dancer, you need to use all the help you can get. The abilities where you're characters aren't interrupted when hit are extremely powerful.

5) Cooking is useless. Now, there's a slim chance that cooking could be useful. However that slim chance involves not having Raine in your party which you will for most of the game. You see, since your special ability points recover after each battle and with each weapon hit... you essentially have infinite healing. So why go through the trouble of learning recipes, finding ingredients, and building your cooking skills when you could just have Raine use Nurse and restore everyone's HP to full instantly?

The answer is you don't. It's another set of worthless collectibles... like Ex-Spheres.

There is one recipe (I don't rememeber which one) that boost your status on the next battle you start. It was extremely powerful.

6) I saw it coming! The developers seem to think audience is full of idiots (much like the game's cast). Anything that would be an interesting plot twist is blatantly given away taking away any chance of surprising the player. On the other hand, things that you could guess almost immediately are of course kept secret for 10 hours of gameplay and then revealed as though you didn't realize that 10 hours ago.

As a good example of the former, let's take the battle with the people at the shrine who call themselves "Desians." Now, this could have been interesting later when the player realizes "Oh wait, those weren't real Desians so who were they?" Of course, that would be intelligent and require thinking on the player's part but we can't have that. The enemies let you know almost immediately that they're only pretending to be Desians. Great. So much for intrigue.

On the other end, we have Kratos. Oh wow, Lloyd has no real father and we just met this older, experienced mercenary who strangely seems bent on keeping Lloyd out of danger, wouldn't be it be interesting if he was Lloyd's real father? About 23 hours later... "Aw dammit."

It's true that it could have been easy to guess. I didn't see it coming (maybe because I didn't cared much about Lloyd). I wasn't 11 either. I must have been 18 when I played it. Anyway, there were many other plot twists.

This list is no where near complete but rather just those things that occurred to me while writing it. I'm sure there is plenty more. If anyone has played Tales of Symphonia and has their own complaints feel free to post them and I'll add them to the list too.

Strangely enough, Tales of the Abyss fixed a lot of the flaws of Tales of Symphonia but I didn't enjoyed it as much (I loved it though).

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Words of Wisdom said:

It's sad then, that the title of the thread doesn't state that it is your opinion, and not opinion passed as facts.

Because there are actually no proper flaws in everything you cited.

Words of Wisdom said:

1) Lloyd is overpowered.

This is nonsense and has nothing to do with a flaw. Especially since you have other characters you can use, that are not as strong in melee, as I suppose that's what you meant. This is just your preference and stubbornness preventing you from using a less powered character. The game actually gave you the choice for the kind of power you wanted, so there's no flaw.

In the arena, I'd love to see you jump over a flying unit. Oh, but you just talk about the main story arena? Yeah right.

Besides, Lloyd is not overpowered at all. I see someone hasn't played in mania mode, or even the more difficult one available from the start of the game. That's when you'll realize Lloyd is not overpowered at all. You even have high chances of dying with Lloyd alone or even two Lloyd if that was possible.

Fortunately you didn't unlock the evil weapons, you would have gone crazy, wondering why you had to suffer a battle with one of the strongest foe in the game to gain the most powerful weapons!

So this flaw is actually a hypocritical pet peeve of yours provoked by you being stubborn (like most of the flaws you cited).

Words of Wisdom said:
2) Lloyd is an idiot.

Did you identify yourself so much to the character?

How come sth that was put in the game for comedy purpose caused hate in you? That's pretty sad, but it's not a flaw in the game at all. This is actually a great point of the game, that put it apart from know-it-all badasses of other RPG. I see it's also the true reason behind you not liking Cloud of FFVII. If you don't have a main character that is a badass know-it-all that you can identify as yourself, you're hating. But that's not a flaw in the game, that's a flaw in you.

Even more hypocritical, you say the problem is the game is actually consistent, and doesn't make Lloyd a genius afterward. I still wonder how the game being consistent is a flaw. Also, that you don't like its humor is not a flaw either in the game, that's a flaw in you.

Words of Wisdom said:
3) Colette has the brains of a shrubbery.

We understand already that you don't like the artistic direction of this game. That still doesn't make that a flaw. Except for you of course.

Words of Wisdom said:
4) Ex-Spheres are practically useless.

That's plain BS. These are optional features, how can they be a flaw? They're not.

And like every optional stuff, they're useful to do other optional stuffs. It's nearly impossible to complete some tasks in the game without them. Again, saying materia are awesome and Exspheres are not when you were not even able to find the most powerful ones is pretty hypocritical. Especially since materia are not exactly comparable. Ex-spheres are actually invaluable in this game. This game can be pretty hard, for example when you're setup to get a maximum of the titles in one playthrough. Without exspheres, you'll have nearly zero chance of surviving against Abyssion in mania mode (I accidentally did that, never understanding how he got so powerful) or in the evil book.

Because you never got to play the 10-20% of the game where these are invaluable, doesn't make them useless.

Words of Wisdom said:
5) Cooking is useless.

Same as above. For example, you'll have a very tough, if not impossible time in the arena against the previous Tales of characters if you don't have the correct cooking set. They have a high chance of toasting you anyway on the first playthrough. Most of the interest though, is for completionists like me. So uh no, it's not useless, unless you're elitist enough to say that Game+ are useless because giving sth for completionists is useless. Cooking is invaluable in the evil book too.

Words of Wisdom said:
6) I saw it coming!

And I can say you're full of it. Kratos looks nearly as young as Lloyd, just a handful of years more. So there's no way you saw anything of this coming except if you read about it before.

Lots of things you could see coming for sure, but all this story? That's BS. Even nowadays, I see lots of people that don't even understand the story. So there's no way you could see this all coming. Especially the difference between all the factions, that you can only confuse you at the start of the game, as you don't have enough informations to understand why people that look exactly the same laugh at you when you call them the other faction's name.

The only part you could see coming is the first part of the story. There's no way you could see the rest of the story coming.

For example, you understanding that the people battling at the shrine pretended to be Desians doesn't tell you what their motivations are, or why they're even here, or why they look like Desians. The intrigue is not "are those people Desians?" like you think it is. This is far deeper than that. How could you even think that this is intrigue? The game's story is far deeper than that, but if you are so shallow, again, the flaw is not in the game, it's in you.

And I see you're very hypocritical, as Kratos is not bent on keeping anyone out of danger, excep perhaps Colette. He doesn't even realize who is who before far later in the game.

Yes, there are flaws in the game, but they're nothing like what you cited.

Flaws in the game are things like no clue as to how to get titles or some events, some problems in the story flow, as for the darkness cave, we have no clue as to it being our next destination (for all the other destinations, you are given directions).

Although I personally love the game, and don't agree with many of your points, I can see where you're coming from and understand why you, for example, hate Colette and Lloyd (which I absolutely don't). However, I can't see how you can call Cooking worthless. Cooking helped me and my friend lots throughout the game.

As funny as the comments about Colette where it all sounds a bit over the top. I agree to a much lesser extent on a few of your points.

Lloyd's stupidity never bothered me. It was humorous fairly often and towards the end like most games/books/movies the trait faded. The only personality trait that got on my nerves was Colette saying "I'm sorry" and that was only because the game repeatedly pointed out that she was saying it. And yep ToS is packed with clichés, but again I didn't mind. Despite thinking "oh come on" several times, the story was enough to catch me off guard occasionally. Fighting... well it was fun, I don't know what else to add. Lloyd was the most powerful character but then I'd expect that. I don't really see the issue with ex-spheres, they were an interesting addition. I understand what you're saying about not needing them, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use them. And yeah cooking was a bit useless.

I'd still rate ToS as my favorite JRPG, but it was also my first and I've got a mountain of new/old games to play yet.

BCrayfish said:
You also forgot to mention that Kratos was voiced by the same guy that did Liquid from Metal Gear Solid. I kept waiting for him to shout, "SNAAAAKE" through out the entire game.

Cam Clarke is awesome! He's also done voice work in Killer7, nearly every Bioware game ever made, and Robotech (TV show and video game).

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.