By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-05-28/ 2007-06-23

Oops. Correct title is Famitsu 2007-05-28/2007-06-03

1. DS Me-Dikara training (DS)

2. Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

3. Guilty Gear XX A Core (PS2)

4. Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! 2 (DS)

5. Wii Sports (Wii)

6. More English Training for Adults (DS)

7. New Super Mario Bros (DS)

8. More Brain Training (DS)

9. Wii Play (Wii)

10. Mario Cart DS (DS)

Source : http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/06/06/103,1181130337,72961,0,0.html

Numbers

DS Me-dikara training : about 100k

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! 2 : about 30k (second shipments at last week)

Resident Evil 4 : about 50k

Metal Slug Complete (PS2) : about 7k

Guilty Gear XX A Core : about 35k

Wii : about 75k

DSL : about 120k

PS3 : probably alomost same as last charts

PS2 : probably alomost same as last charts

PSP : about 25k

360 : probably alomost same as last charts

Source : http://ameblo.jp/sinobi

Other Topics

First shipments of Zelda for DS will be more than 300k.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

good numbers for RE4, expecting 100k in tis lifetime.

thank you.

nothing really interesting though, RE starting within expectations but not great.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

RE4 didn't do as well as I expected. Mario Kart back in the top 10 is interesting. Top 10: 6 DS, 3 Wii, 1 PS2, same old same old.

On Zelda DS shipments could this be the game that brings the series back in Japan?

Looks like the Wii numbers are getting back on track. If these numbers hold, Wii could be 1+ million for June WW.

Around the Network

RE4 did better than I expected. I mean RE4 didn't sell nearly as well in Japan as it did in the US and its a port of 2 year old game. I didn't think it would break a 100k lifetime, looks like I could be mistaken. We will see over the next few weeks.

First shipments of Zelda for DS will be more than 300k ?
I think it should be more

FishyJoe said:
Looks like the Wii numbers are getting back on track. If these numbers hold, Wii could be 1+ million for June WW.

I don't understand why it hasn't been AT LEAST 1M units/month for the last few months.  They have said they are capable of making 1M units/month and have been ramping up production.  They should be well over that number by now.  If they don't fix the issue with supply soon (and I mean like right now) they may face a situation where Sony and MS drop their prices and MS takes a whole lot of wii's potential customer base away from them this holiday.  If N ends up having to drop their price on the console to stay at a "discount" over the xbox, they will have left a hellavu lot of money on the table from systems the *could have sold* during the supply shortage.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I'm not too worried about production levels. I assume the are salting away 10% for product launches and another 10% for the holidays. They are also pumping out 2 million DS a month. Pretty amazing to ship over 3 million hardware units in June.

nekison said:
First shipments of Zelda for DS will be more than 300k ?
I think it should be more

they should be 500k at least