By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTAIV still on top metacritic

disolitude said:
^It came out on the gamecube too and it was in 480p rez...which made it...umm...better.

The original was on the N64 which makes it the actual game. Improved graphics don't make a game...um...better. Twilight Princess isn't half the game that OOT is , but has much better graphics.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
disolitude said:
^It came out on the gamecube too and it was in 480p rez...which made it...umm...better.

The original was on the N64 which makes it the actual game. Improved graphics don't make a game...um...better. Twilight Princess isn't half the game that OOT is , but has much better graphics.

Agreed about twilight...disagree about OOT not bette ron gamecube.

Do you think a new player who's never played it should play N64 or Gamecube?

Graphics alone do not make a game better but if the game content is exactly the same but one has better graphics...its better. As simple as that...

players reviews ftw

"the ps3 version leading the way and why is that you ask." this is why i stopped looking at "professional" reviews they are all contradicting with the facts

obieslut said:
Godot said:
obieslut said:
brute said:
emm OoT has a 99 average thats higher then GTA4

Gmaeranking then

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

It wouldn't hurt you to do some research before starting a thread.

Nana you are barking up the wrong tree. I clearly stated in my opening post that when all the games had the same amount of reviews GTAIV was on top. i was just pointing this site out to them thats all, i can read i do know that OoT is higher now because of the fewer reviews it has gotten

And your point is? GTA is on top because it has more reviews so if you removed the negative ones it's higher than OoT? 

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

SMG have more reviews than GTAIV on Ps3 or on X360 then If they have the same amount of reviews SMG is better than both GTAIV.

Around the Network
obieslut said:
Godot said:
obieslut said:
brute said:

Gmaeranking then

Nana you are barking up the wrong tree. I clearly stated in my opening post that when all the games had the same amount of reviews GTAIV was on top. i was just pointing this site out to them thats all, i can read i do know that OoT is higher now because of the fewer reviews it has gotten

You are just full of Fail today, arn't you. Not that reviewer scores matter really, it's all in the individual's perception, but what? OoT is higher because the average of the reviews is higher, not because it has fewer reviews. I just read in the "why TheSource rules so much" thread, that you said he rules because he doesn't cherry pick, yet, you do? So you are saying GTAIV would be on top if you took out the bad reviews? Yeah, ok.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Shameless said:
OOT is a lot less relevant now it's 10 years old. It's time for us to move on in the same way we've moved on from Elvis and the Beatles.

As long as games use mechanics from OoT it remains relevant. As long as games use targeting, context-sensitive buttons or auto-jumping just to name a few (OoT had, what, 60 patents or so?) it remains relevant.

Hell, I could go back in time even further. Should we discard the "save"feature from the original LOZ because it's over 20 years ago since it was introduced?

Pull you're head out of you're ass.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Godot said:
obieslut said:
Godot said:
obieslut said:
brute said:

Gmaeranking then

And your point is? GTA is on top because it has more reviews so if you removed the negative ones it's higher than OoT?

no no no you really do noy get it. ok read this really carefully so i can explain it to you ok

when GTAIV had the same AMOUNT of reviews as OoT, GTAIV had a higher score. I am not saying cherry picking reviews to make GTAIV win, i am just saying that when all three games had mid 30 reviews the ps3 version of GTAIV was leading the way.

obieslut said:
Godot said:
obieslut said:
Godot said:
obieslut said:
brute said:

Gmaeranking then

no no no you really do noy get it. ok read this really carefully so i can explain it to you ok

when GTAIV had the same AMOUNT of reviews as OoT, GTAIV had a higher score. I am not saying cherry picking reviews to make GTAIV win, i am just saying that when all three games had mid 30 reviews the ps3 version of GTAIV was leading the way.

This is still a very flawed way of looking at the numbers. Most of OoT's grades come from magazines. This is due the fact that there weren't a lot of game review sites back in 1998. The grades from magazines generally also come in later...

And as you yourself already stated - the first grades from GTA were higher then those of OoT. These were mostly websites. It is, in a way very flawed both statisticly and ethicly to compare two different types of media.

I can also state with a certain certainty that magazines are generally a bit harsher as they have more time for testing. So in a way, OoT should be even more commended for being up there as it was looked at longer.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

obieslut said:

Riiiight.  We understand.  You are saying, if you remove the reviews that lower the score, then it would have a higher score. 

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)