By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo is bringing new SKU in the Market

Just_Ben said:
Well, by the time the Wii got the jackets for the Wii mote, this Wii was also introduced as "new SKU".

Maybe it is just an internal update (smaller chip size, other Wifi chip) or changes like that. Could fit the "We up production" thing, maybe they optimized the internal things of the Wii right away (yes right, to make even more profit).

Maybe it is a new bundled game, or a second Wii mote in the pack. But I don't think so.

Maybe it is new colors. (Could also fit the higher production, maybe the new units (600k/month) come in a new color.

It would make sense for them to make a little spur sales effect thing in Japan and EU, since the Wii is not selling "astronomic" but good, but their getting more profit in both theritories (compared to NA) for every Wii sold.

It does not make sense in America, however.

Thats all I can think of, DVD playback support will not come.

Your logic fails here. Any company would love to pay additional royalties to enhance a product that they cannot produce fast enough to meet demand and thus lower their own profit margin. Please redo Business 101.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

@faxanadu: Oh come on! It's too hard to detect sarcasm on the internet as it is. You don't have to be funny about it!

This is invisible text!

Faxanadu said:
Just_Ben said:
Well, by the time the Wii got the jackets for the Wii mote, this Wii was also introduced as "new SKU".

Maybe it is just an internal update (smaller chip size, other Wifi chip) or changes like that. Could fit the "We up production" thing, maybe they optimized the internal things of the Wii right away (yes right, to make even more profit).

Maybe it is a new bundled game, or a second Wii mote in the pack. But I don't think so.

Maybe it is new colors. (Could also fit the higher production, maybe the new units (600k/month) come in a new color.

It would make sense for them to make a little spur sales effect thing in Japan and EU, since the Wii is not selling "astronomic" but good, but their getting more profit in both theritories (compared to NA) for every Wii sold.

It does not make sense in America, however.

Thats all I can think of, DVD playback support will not come.

Your logic fails here. Any company would love to pay additional royalties to enhance a product that they cannot produce fast enough to meet demand and thus lower their own profit margin. Please redo Business 101.

Nice sarcasm, but the next time put a ;) behind it, otherwise people read that twice to get it was sarcastic ;)

@KillerGran: I never really understood this "it's hard to perceive sarcasm" thing. Is it something specific to USA? I can't remember the last time I saw someone not understanding sarcasm, except when it's poorly done of course. It's no different to any other written material.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

@KillerGran: I never really understood this "it's hard to perceive sarcasm" thing. Is it something specific to USA? I can't remember the last time I saw someone not understanding sarcasm, except when it's poorly done of course. It's no different to any other written material.

Sarcasm is harder to detect in written text than speak because you have a hidden communication in speak: the tone of your voice.

I read the text of faxcandu twice, because it doesn't made sense the first time I read it.  

Around the Network

@NJ5 Sorry for being so offtopic, but it IS hard to percieve sarcasm in text. Especially on forums. Especially in languages that are not your own. (I am swedish, we have a relatively good grip on the english language, but we are far from perfect)

When I have to read a text three times to make sure I actually understood what it said, that feels a bit annoying, especially when the person typing it is trying to be funny...
That being said, I was mostly sarcastic in my response, but I guess that eluded you. Unless you were being sarcastic with me?

This is invisible text!

Could be any number of things but most likely it's just a revision of internal parts. They are increasing their production from 1.8 million to 2.4 million per month. Part of that increase may be from an internal revision of the motherboard layout and components which many times leads to a new SKU. PS2 had over a dozen remodels not including the PS2 Slim.

As for a full on new model.....NO!!!!!

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I'm going to assume that if they were to add anything to the Wii it'd end up being a 10/100 nic. If they are going to change anything else it'd be to shrink the internal components to cut costs. Maybe they might include a 2GB SD card. Ya never know I guess.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

New model, unlikely, some kind of add maybe...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I'm gonna guess a Brawl/Galaxy/Kart/Wii Fit bundle (one of those).

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."