By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN UK Review: MGS 4 = 9.9 out of 10

Ahhh... just waiting to see te US Score... not that I really care... I buying this masterpice of a game anyway...

Go! Snake... one last time...

Yeap... this is Lavos...

Around the Network
bbsin said:
Hate the shit on the parade but Eurogamer gave MGS4 a 8/10.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=143797&page=3

BeCAREFUL, there are spoilers in his review, but he doesn't really point out what his problems with the game were. Either way, he sounds pretty cranky towards it. I find it strange that Eurogamer let this guy review one of the biggest titles of the year, his only reviews are MarioKart Wii, ArmyofTwo and Pirates of the burning seas.

That has to be the worst review ever.

It doesn't even say anything about the game. After reading that review I wouldn't have a bloody clue what MGS4 was about at all, let along why he gave it the score he did.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

MGS4 will be wiked, ive already pre-ordered it!

Profcrab said:
What I think is funny is that someday I think there is going to have to be a new rating system for highly anticipated franchises.

9.0 will be the new 6.9 and under.
9.1-.4 will be the new 7.0 to 7.9
9.5-.8 will be the new 8.0 to 8.8
9.9 will be the new 8.9
10 will be the new 9.0 to 10

People may joke now, but the number of super high ratings that have been given out lately is killing the credibility of the reviewers all the way around. Maybe MGS4 deserves such a high rating, but given some of the mixed comments about it, I doubt it. Probably still a great game, but in general I think the quality of reviews is falling in the toilet.

GTAIV's 10 has killed the impact of the sweet 9.9 of what's probably going to turn out to be a much, much better game, MGS4.

GTAIV's 10 fucked everything up.  Lots of games are better than GTAIV.  But not according to IGN etc. 

The system was broken a long time before GTA 4. I think we need to get rid of the score system, and have reviewers tell us about the game, say if they recommend it or not, and give a small comparison with other related games.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
This may bring the avg to 97% now for the metacric fanatics.

Even if someone gave it a 0/100 the game would still be 90+ so starcraft should change his sig.

would be even higher if EuroGamer didn't give it an 80. Like are they even a credible source?

everyone else gave it high 90's.

Lavos said:

Ahhh... just waiting to see te US Score... not that I really care... I buying this masterpice of a game anyway...

Go! Snake... one last time...

it will be very close with this review,maybe even the same score

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Awesomesauce.

After playing the MGO beta, I really hope that the final product warrants a 10 in graphics, but I have my doubts.

Yakuzaice said:
Anyone know why they didn't mention MGO at all?

I think MGO will either be in a limited form in mgs4 or more likely itll be a playstation store download/seperate purchase.