By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN UK Review: MGS 4 = 9.9 out of 10

rocketpig said:
Ssyn said:
Profcrab said:
What I think is funny is that someday I think there is going to have to be a new rating system for highly anticipated franchises.

9.0 will be the new 6.9 and under.
9.1-.4 will be the new 7.0 to 7.9
9.5-.8 will be the new 8.0 to 8.8
9.9 will be the new 8.9
10 will be the new 9.0 to 10

People may joke now, but the number of super high ratings that have been given out lately is killing the credibility of the reviewers all the way around. Maybe MGS4 deserves such a high rating, but given some of the mixed comments about it, I doubt it. Probably still a great game, but in general I think the quality of reviews is falling in the toilet.

Not really, CoD4 got lower than Halo 3 and it's very easy to see which one is more popular(and imo better), AC got low rating(which it somewhat deserved) and that again was still popular; the only games that have been recently overrated is GTA 4 and Halo 3. We can't say MGS4 deserves less than anything it's been given because none of us have played it.

Way to back up his point.

CoD4, not so hyped. Halo 3, hyped to the moon.

It seemed to me he was more imply us gamers who read the reviews only care for games that get 9 or higher or close to perfect scores, my point was games that weren't hyped did very well in comparsion to those that were and some games that got hyped got lower AC didn't get to much but a decent amount and it did poorly also.

Around the Network

I have a feeling that this is a lot more deserved than the GTA IV scandalous 10's tbh.

My criticism is kind of aimed at both. Reviewers are giving too high of scores and not being critical enough and readers are now beating reviewers up if the game they like doesn't get a high enough rating, sometimes even before it releases. Either way, reviews of these high profile games are getting ridiculous. Much like a currency that suffered from hyperinflation, sooner or later you need to revalue it. Not that they were independent and accurate before, but now they are bordering on silly.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

9.9? WTF? WHERE'S MY 11 AT? GTA4 is better than this? I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt it.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Um I hate how they didnt give it a 10/10. Gta4 did it, I have it but I woulnt give it a 10/10, more like a 9.1/10. And then people just started throwind 10 all around at gts4. I see this wont happen for mgs4.....even though it would have deserved it more than Gta4

^_^

Around the Network
skeezer said:
Um I hate how they didnt give it a 10/10. Gta4 did it, I have it but I woulnt give it a 10/10, more like a 9.1/10. And then people just started throwind 10 all around at gts4. I see this wont happen for mgs4.....even though it would have deserved it more than Gta4

How does anyone know this? Why do people comment on middle-of-the-road review scores when they haven't even played the fucking game?

Argh.

Fanboy much? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

My god this will be a blast :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

There is no doubt this is going to be an awesome game, but the review scores will drop as the bitter people that didn't get first dibs to review it will give it lower scores. Always happens. Look at GTAIV.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

DragonLord said:
There is no doubt this is going to be an awesome game, but the review scores will drop as the bitter people that didn't get first dibs to review it will give it lower scores. Always happens. Look at GTAIV.

Or it could be that the reviewers who refuse to drop to their knees and polish the publisher's knob don't get their review copies as quickly as those who are willing to don the kneepads and throw credibility out the window.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/