By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am truly annoyed at the wii

@Diomedes

Oh and technology doesn't drive this business, money does, and guess what drives technology?

Right money, guess where business gets money from? People

Guess where technology gets it's money from? People

Guess what the video game industry is: It's a retail / entertainment industry

Hmm what do you need in both to keep those industries goig? That's right people.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Sqrl said:

Hmm....where does fear fit into this?

1. Denial
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance

I just don't get why people get so bent out of shape about the Wii being successful. As I have said from the beginning of this generation when the point was intitially raised, as long as there is profit to be made from the "hardcore" games they will survive.

Yes ,on a machine barely capable of outdoing the PS2 and Cube and worse in all the senses to the Xbox 1(online ,graphics ,etc).Thats the problem.

No, on a machine containing certain chips present in the Xbox360 itself, much improved hardware over the GameCube, capable of running PS2 games in it's sleep, and BETTER graphics than the Xbox1, I see no problem.

Wait, not enough space marines.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

@ the OP. The Wii is not going to kill off the type of gaming that you enjoy. GTA, COD, Halo and all of the others will be there as long as people buy them. What may happen is that you will be seeing a little less of the FPS games but that's not to be blamed on the Wii. That's just gamers tastes in general. There was a time when every other game coming out was a platformer. They are still around but not to the extent that they once were. Also. There's an awful lot of I hate the Wii posts here which just aren't very cool. I could rip your system of choice too but I'll let you guys be the ones to do that.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

SaviorX said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Sqrl said:

1. Denial
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance

I just don't get why people get so bent out of shape about the Wii being successful. As I have said from the beginning of this generation when the point was intitially raised, as long as there is profit to be made from the "hardcore" games they will survive.

Yes ,on a machine barely capable of outdoing the PS2 and Cube and worse in all the senses to the Xbox 1(online ,graphics ,etc).Thats the problem.

No, on a machine containing certain chips present in the Xbox360 itself, much improved hardware over the GameCube, capable of running PS2 games in it's sleep, and BETTER graphics than the Xbox1, I see no problem.

Not really a difference. The Wii hasn't been proven to be any better than the XBox yet. There's no need to post touched up Mario Galaxy screens either if you were thinking of doing so.

Diomedes1976 said:
Sqrl said:

1. Denial
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance

Yes ,on a machine barely capable of outdoing the PS2 and Cube and worse in all the senses to the Xbox 1(online ,graphics ,etc).Thats a problemn in itself.

One more thing ....better technology gives better playability in most occasions.You can play with the phisics ,the lighting ,the depth of the world ,the storytelling ...to give a better playability.Thats why COD4 is better that DoomII for example,and why FFX on the PS2 is today a better game that FFII on the Nes.Not to mention multiplayer online features that add to the longevity of the game etc.

And yet with all these flaws that you seem to accept as fact about the Wii it is trouncing the HD consoles from week to week consistantly.

I don't even know what to say about the rest of your post. I mean you're using specific game comparisons which are subjective by definition as a means to make your argument.  Subjective examples don't really make a compelling argument to begin with but I don't think you recognize the difference between sustaining uses of technology and disruptive uses.  All of the competitors in this generation have used technology in some way to better playability according to each console's core values.

Simply put the HD consoles overshot the market and Nintendo is using the opportunity to redefine the core values. Polygon count and resolutions are some of the values that overshot the market, and while those values won't be the driving force behind every new hardcore title they will still be around.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Shameless said:
SaviorX said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Sqrl said:

1. Denial
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance

Not really a difference. The Wii hasn't been proven to be any better than the XBox yet. There's no need to post touched up Mario Galaxy screens either if you were thinking of doing so.

Shadows.

SaviorX said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Sqrl said:

1. Denial
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance

What chips are you talking about?Sicilium?

To get a sensible increase in performance you need at least 4 times the power and memory.I am talkin to the kind of increase that we associate with a change of generation.The Wii can run PS2 games in 480p and thats about it.And most developers have said its comparable to the Xbox1.

Well ,the Wii better have something out that couldnt be done on the Cube-Xbox and then we can speak.

The problem with some NIntendo fans is that you dont see any problem with anything ....as long as Nintendo is in the first place.Shovelware ,no problem there are also good games ....bad graphics?graphics dont matter playability does.....simple game mechanics?well it had to be done so everyone can play and not only those sucky niche core gamers of that stinking market we knew as videogaming until now that Nintendo has enlightened us....no good online?who cares prefer to play with my friends at house anyway ....zero multimedia capabilities?well its a game console not a multimedia center....few third party support with good games?the games will come because the wii sells...even the core games arent better that last generation ones?well at least they are as good as last generation ones and look you play them with the wiimote at least its a change..

Diomedes1976 said:
SaviorX said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Sqrl said:

1. Denial
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance

What chips are you talking about?Sicilium?

To get a sensible increase in performance you need at least 4 times the power and memory.I am talkin to the kind of increase that we associate with a change of generation.The Wii can run PS2 games in 480p and thats about it.And most developers have said its comparable to the Xbox1.

Well ,the Wii better have something out that couldnt be done on the Cube-Xbox and then we can speak.

The problem with some NIntendo fans is that you dont see any problem with anything ....as long as Nintendo is in the first place.Shovelware ,no problem there are also good games ....bad graphics?graphics dont matter playability does.....simple game mechanics?well it had to be done so everyone can play and not only those sucky niche core gamers of that stinking market we knew as videogaming until now that Nintendo has enlightened us....no good online?who cares prefer to play with my friends at house anyway ....zero multimedia capabilities?well its a game console not a multimedia center....few third party support with good games?the games will come because the wii sells...even the core games arent better that last generation ones?well at least they are as good as last generation ones and look you play them with the wiimote at least its a change..

Quoted For Extreme truth. 

Diomedes1976 said:
And one more thing.Usually theres a generation change in consoles because gamers have seen the lenghts core games can go in that concrete generation and wont buy much more of those because repetitive ...and then the new generation comes with more core games ,the same franchises ,and a new techincal/playable level so the core gamer feels new and start buying again in the same numbers.

With the Wii the problem is that even if it had (or has some will say)core games they are so obsolete and offer so little new that is doubtful core gamers will support that.I mean ,Mario Kart Wii ,Mario Galaxy ,Metroid and Brawl can be great core gamers ....but how many steps are they removed from Mario Sunshing ,Smash Bros Melee ,Metroid Echoes ,Mario Kart Double Dash etc?They are last generation games with a next generation input.Wheres the evolution?

The tech arguement is so weak.   How many steps removed is CoD4 from previous games, or Halo 3, or FFXIII, other than in graphics?  Hmm, same games pretty much, other than sharper look.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  But it doesn't make them any more fun than Wii games being slightly improved on graphics and having a new interface.  Or any more value to the person playing the game.  

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Sqrl said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Sqrl said:

1. Denial
  2. Anger
  3. Bargaining
  4. Depression
  5. Acceptance

Yes ,on a machine barely capable of outdoing the PS2 and Cube and worse in all the senses to the Xbox 1(online ,graphics ,etc).Thats a problemn in itself.

One more thing ....better technology gives better playability in most occasions.You can play with the phisics ,the lighting ,the depth of the world ,the storytelling ...to give a better playability.Thats why COD4 is better that DoomII for example,and why FFX on the PS2 is today a better game that FFII on the Nes.Not to mention multiplayer online features that add to the longevity of the game etc.

And yet with all these flaws that you seem to accept as fact about the Wii it is trouncing the HD consoles from week to week consistantly.

I don't even know what to say about the rest of your post. I mean you're using specific game comparisons which are subjective by definition as a means to make your argument.  Subjective examples don't really make a compelling argument to begin with but I don't think you recognize the difference between sustaining uses of technology and disruptive uses.  All of the competitors in this generation have used technology in some way to better playability according to each console's core values.

Simply put the HD consoles overshot the market and Nintendo is using the opportunity to redefine the core values. Polygon count and resolutions are some of the values that overshot the market, and while those values won't be the driving force behind every new hardcore title they will still be around.

Nintendo isnt redefining any core values.Its just heading for the mass market of no players with a flawless marketing and simple ,easy to pick up and play ,regressive games.They are redefining the market to their new approach to games ,the casual approach.Brain Training ,Nintendogs ,Wii Fit ...thats the new Nintendo.They will continue to churn out their old franchises as Pokemon ,Zelda and Mario as long as they sell (and Mario sells very well) but thats about it as core gaming investment.

Dumbing down something hasnt ever been a good redefining quality.

As for the provided shot between Brawl and some fake NG shot .....please try harder.Dead or Alive 3 Ultimate on the Xbox destroys Brawl on all the senses conceivable in the technic plane.