By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Some 360 and Wii stats based off MetaCritic.

Ooh, I hit a nerve. I can, and have played those games buddy boy. My wife's parents have a Wii. I just saw the Wii fit commercial. Man does that look fun. Leaning left and right and forward to hit a ball on screen. Doing a push-up, doing yoga. All things I have dreamed about being able to do on a console.  Maybe you should take a swig of that drink you got there.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
disolitude said:
@ Zen

I think its fair.
Wii has a few amazing last gen ports which biring the console average higher. Plus there are games like Bully...which are at 83 for wii and 80 for 360.

There is no way in hell the wii bully game is better than the 360 one...

Again...opinion, but atleast an educated one as I've played the games here I mentioned.

ANd why is that.

Cause both are the exact same game except one looks better and has achievements.

@Rubang

WTF LOL!!

*huggles*

Anywho... at this time in a consoles life (1.5 years), compared to previous consoles I have owned, I am in possession of the most games for Wii. And I'm having a blast with all of them (right now I'm on Boom Blox, and yes, pun is intended.). Such things, like numbers on a review site, are becomming less and less relevant when deciding what game to play, while factors such as the fun factor and my own experience are now my main focus for deciding which game gets bought. In the end I'm having more fun with video games than ever before.

Who da thunk?

alot of those on 360 are xbla games wii will also get better games with wii ware,but if you remove 360's xbla it will stil be in 360's favor but not by that much

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

JaggedSac said:
"" Haha, nice zing, but at the same time, if it wasn't for revolutionary games like those I mentioned, I'd have stuck with my PC, which is far superior for FPS and RTS games and has better free online, so I think the Wii's unique library is a very valid point.""

- PC is superior for RTS games and FPS games from a control perspective. PC is also superior in price point. For 360 level graphics and tv size monitor it would cost you at least $2000. Online play is debatable. 360 has standard unified friends list(not some 3rd party plug-in), more mic penetration(very, very important to me), and overall better experience. I will gladly pay 5 bucks a month for a fantastic online experience.

Welcome to May 2008.

PCs have better graphics than the 360 today.

Online play is better on a PC.

I will gladly pay nothing for the ultimate online experience.

You ever hear of modding games to milk their quality forever?

Around the Network
trestres said:
Phendrana said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Due to rounding, the percentages come out to 99.9% on both. Thought it was interesting. Is it the flawed review system? Who knows?

The Wii has a few really excellent games, a few really good games, and an awesome exclusive library.

The PS360 has a few great games, a plethora of good games, and most of them are multiplats.

This is true. For games at 75% or higher and not counting downloadable games, it goes 14/19/20 exclusives for the PS3/360/Wii respectively as of 3 weeks ago (when I crunched the numbers). This is why I'm going with the Wii and PS3 this gen. I'll get all the great Wii exclusives and all the PS3 multiplats+exclusives.

Yea, most 360 exclusives end up on PC anyways, and then there's a chance of RROD, if anything I would buy a PS3 over a 360, heck, I'd never buy a 360 for all I care.

The 360 just doesn't appeal to me at all either. I'm not really into shooters/racing/sports games, and most of the other games I'm actually interested in are also on the PS3 or PC. That's why I think a PS3/Wii/PC combo is just about perfect.

"You ever hear of modding games to milk their quality forever?"

Yeah I have. And the quality is quite below par.

"PCs have better graphics than the 360 today."

Like I said. Cost is not very effective. Hook it up to a 42" lcd like mine with 7.1 dolby surround sound and your looking at quite a bit out of the ole purse for a pc setup. Good job saving on online play cause you just payed a fortune for the same experience.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
JaggedSac said:
"Wii: 3982-3539-5418-1048 Brawl: 2664-1863-6511 Kart: 1633-5238-8894 Dr. Mario: 1661-1773-3090" - WTF?? LOL!!
WTF LOL to you too, dick.

JaggedSac said:
"If you only count EXCLUSIVES 95 and up, Wii has 1 and 360 has none." - WTF?? LOL!!

It's true.  Didn't you start this thread and look at all the numbers?  Every game at 95 or higher on the 360 is a multiplatform game.  I can play your best games without a 360, but you can't get my delicious exclusive Galaxy.

JaggedSac said:
"360 has nothing like Galaxy, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit." - Galaxy is good, Sports is fecal matter on a stick, and WiiFit is similar to a treadmill.
You don't like the 2 most important games of this generation.  That's fine by me.  It doesn't change the fact that they're unique gaming experiences and can only be played on the Wii.  You're the one prancing around bragging about MetaCritic numbers, but disregarding unique gaming experiences you can't play.  I can play your games.  You can't play mine.

JaggedSac said:
"You've got the most revolutionary platformer GAMEPLAY-WISE of all time, the most revolutionary motion-controlled sports collection of all time, the most revolutionary balance-measuring game controller and exercise program of all time." - Arcades have had these controls for a while now. Perhaps you should categorize that it is revolutionary to console games.
I'm calling bullshit.  Give me examples of arcade games that play like Galaxy, Wii Sports, or Wii Fit.

JaggedSac said:
"the most revolutionary balance-measuring game controller and exercise program of all time" - WTF?? LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!

I have a balance board.  There is no controller in the world like it.  What part of "revolutionary" don't you understand?  About 7 games have been announced for it in under a week.  It's outselling the PS3 and getting a lot of support.

What gives, Dick Sandwich here doesn't like new ideas?  WTF LOL LOL LOL!!!

You owned this man Rubang.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

^ He sure did. Or maybe I got pwned, or uber pwned, or maybe I FAILED.

disolitude said:
sc94597 said:
disolitude said:
@ Zen

I think its fair.
Wii has a few amazing last gen ports which biring the console average higher. Plus there are games like Bully...which are at 83 for wii and 80 for 360.

There is no way in hell the wii bully game is better than the 360 one...

Again...opinion, but atleast an educated one as I've played the games here I mentioned.

ANd why is that.

Cause both are the exact same game except one looks better and has achievements.

Yeah and the other has superior controls. I believe the 360 version of bully had bad framerates and that is mostly why the points were deducted.