By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One of my most anticipated games coming this year can't even be purchased

Mother 3, also known as the third installment of the "Earthbound" series. When Nintendo announced that it wouldn't be releasing Mother 3 outside of Japan, the rest of the gaming world collectively called foul. But then a number of dedicated hardworking gamers united to bring the best most professional ROM translation imaginable to eager Mother fans everywhere. I've been following it's progress closesly, and it's so close to being finished. This may actually be my most anticipated game this year. I love Earthbound. 

If you're interested in seeing the progress yourself, or just learning about the game, you can visit this home page. (note to mods, no illegal content is contained on the page, just save you some time investigating)  Any other earthbound fans excited about this?

http://mother3.fobby.net/

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

need to play Eartbound

I dont do Roms but this has my interest as I love earthbound.

I love Earthbound, so much so that I imported Mother 3. Now I'm excited that I get to play through it again, but this time know what the hell is going on.

CIHYFS?

dawve24 said:

My rom policy is if you can't buy it, pirate it.

Games that are discontinued should still be accesible.

Around the Network

I've actually been playing mother 1 and 2 (mother 1 on NES, never released outside of japan, but you can find english roms, mother 2 is Earthbound on SNES) to get ready for this release. I forgot how incredibly hilarious and bizarre they are. I love beating "New Age Retro hippies" with a baseball bat until they "return to normal", or having Cranky revellers "complain about today's youth" which in turn lowers your "guts" stat. An incredibly under rated series.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I keep track of how they're progressing everyday. It's getting closer and closer, and I can't wait.

BCrayfish said:
I love Earthbound, so much so that I imported Mother 3. Now I'm excited that I get to play through it again, but this time know what the hell is going on.

Bam, same here :3 It'll totally be legal for me to get the rom and patch once it's done :3 I can't wait for them to finish^^ I applaud them for sure.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

@Rath You could be right and I am sorely tempted for this.

Rath said:
dawve24 said:

My rom policy is if you can't buy it, pirate it.

Games that are discontinued should still be accesible.

I agree.  If you can't buy it, pirate it.