By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do fanboys turn rabid?

What causes them stop simply enjoying what they have and makes them hate what everyone else has?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Jealousy.
One way to cure a rabid fanboy is to let him own all consoles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Simple insecurity, and the thing they latch on to is a source of external security.

Of course this applies to anything, and has been around about as long as politics and religion.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

They're too resistant to change their ideas. Eventually the world proves them wrong, so they turn to a more aggressive approach, like a pressure cooker blowing up due to not giving stuff up and away.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Currently there are 3 trends in fanboyism on this forum -

Wii fanboys for not getting games start insulting companies and other consoles (capcom for Street Fighter 4, ubisoft)

Microsoft Fanboys for thinking Wiimote is coming to their console start insulting Wiimote like controls

PS3 fanboys wishing they were in 2004 and PS3 was called PS2 attcking everyone

But the good news is that fanboyism of -

Wii graphics are last gen
RRoD hate
PS3 has no games

...those are slowly dying out.

Around the Network

Lol, i dont wish i was in 2004....i wouldnt be able to drink! :-0

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

With Zack & Wiki I can't hate too much on capcom. Plus, I don't care about fighting games.

Now, I would like some new RE main game though. But, Fatal Frame might make up for that.

Lack of money.

Frankly, I think a lot of fanboyism on this site is a result of trolling and flamebaiting by our more voyeouristic members. It's even worse on the parts of the interenet where there is no regulation.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

fanboys are cool what i hate those damn dirty neutrals,

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434