By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what if the next final fantasy is bad?

@Ajax

or it goes to how FF7 was so overrated & FF6 ws the best (I agree)/ FF9 was the best (urghhh imo)

____

The hyphen is meant to mean or some other people think FF9 was the best

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@Ajax

Naznatips I think....he like IX the best....
________

Sakaguchi does like IX the best...but lately I have disagreed with many things Sakaguchi has done especially that God-Awful movie he made.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Final Fantasy used to be awesome. I remember loving it on my NES when I was young, looking at the map and the monster charts, leveling in the ogre plains.

Final Fantasy 4 is my favorite, although Final Fantasy 6 is awesome too. Final Fantasy 7 is where the series dropped off significantly. I tried so hard to like the game, and even played it up to the snowboarding part. It just wasn't good and I ended up abandoning it.

Ajax, are you following the conversation?
He wanted an example, i gave him an example. He is now trying to side track my thread so he can bash some games. They had no place in the discussion. He has been attempting to disrupt and cause an argument. I got bored of it.

It doesnt matter if those were over-rated or not. The argument does not bolster his position. He is trying to put me on the defensive. If i do that we would no longer be anywhere near the topic of FF.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

FFVII can't be overrated, it made the genre outside of Japan, it broke the ice, it can't be hailed enough for what it did for rpgs, and if it wasn't good, it wouldn't have had such a gigantic impact around the world; people should thank VII, it paved the way for many other rpgs that made it out of Japan, it gave developers and publishers a siginificant market for the genre.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

ok Bubbles

''Hadouken!''

Final Fantasy 9 happens to be my favourite.  I didnt find it to be shallow at all.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

TheBigFatJ said:
Final Fantasy used to be awesome. I remember loving it on my NES when I was young, looking at the map and the monster charts, leveling in the ogre plains.

Final Fantasy 4 is my favorite, although Final Fantasy 6 is awesome too. Final Fantasy 7 is where the series dropped off significantly. I tried so hard to like the game, and even played it up to the snowboarding part. It just wasn't good and I ended up abandoning it.

I pretty much agree with you whole heartedly. Final Fantasy IV is my favorite and I tried to like FFVII. I completed the game twice. I still didn't like and like it less and less as time has passed. I take a different view on FFXIII, not what if its bad, but what if its actually good. Out of the last seven Final Fantasy titles I've only like 2. FFIX and FFX. Out of the first six Final Fantasy titles I only dislike one Final Fantasy II. So my confidence in Square Enix to make a new top notch Final Fantasy title is virtually non-existent. 

Final Fantasy VII is so great, I sometimes wonder; what the hell was Square thinking? Amazing.

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
Final Fantasy VII is so great, I sometimes wonder; what the hell was Square thinking? Amazing.

Was Final Fantasy VII your first Final Fantasy game?

In my opinion Final Fantasy VII was the game where Squaresoft "Jumped the Shark" ...

I'm not saying the game was (necessarily) bad, but it felt more like Squaresoft was trying a little too hard to make an anime movie and completely lost touch with what made the previous Final Fantasy games good; an example of this was the materia system which made all the characters feel entirely generic.