By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When Will Wii Fit pass GTAIV?

It will happen, not very soon though.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

a better ? is how long until it passes nintendogs

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

I think The Source is way too conservative because he is treating this like a regular game but I think Wii Fit is an entirely different animal.

I have people coming into my office every day at work to ask me about it and where to get it. These are people who have never owned or had the slightest interest in video gaming but if I had been able to offer them a bundle of a Wii and Wiifit for $400 they would have had their wallets out.
I carried it in one day in the green carrying case and was amazed at the number of people who stopped me to ask where they could get one.

No one has ever come by my office to ask about any other video game.

How fast can Wii Fit pas GTA IV, if I knew the rate of production I could tell you exactly because the answer is they will sell everyone they make. If they could make six million tonight the answer would be tomorrow.

=p Maybe the end of this year but I would put my money on mid 2009

I say it will never happen. Wii Fit sales will never pass the combined PS3/360 sales of GTA IV.

Around the Network

I would like to point out that Wii Fit has now outsold the individual versions of GTAIV. Worldwide, Wii Fit is at 5.65m and GTAIV on 360 is at 5.64m.

It still has a long way to go to outsell both combined but it seems reasonable.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu