By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When Will Wii Fit pass GTAIV?

Is anyone else not expecting a GTA 5 towards the end of 2009 or start of 2010? If that happens, it would give Wii Fit a better chance.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

The PS3 and 360 don't have as large of an install base or as quickly growing one to sustain as much legs as GTA games have in the past. Within 100 weeks from now, that will be more than enough.

Look at Japan. Wii FIT weekly sales is > PS3 + 360 sales combined on a weekly basis and will like outsell PS3 + 360 combined within it's first year on the market. You figure not everyone with a PS3 or 360 will get a GTA IV, etc...

i think it will happen around 2009

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

January 2009 at the earliest.

DMeisterJ said:
January 2009 at the earliest.

that might be a bit to early

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Around mid year(2009) at the latest, but I don´t know is there is enough supply for all those soccer moms and me...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I think next year also, maybe around the spring time

As the supply constraints drop and more Wii's get into more hands, the sales of Wii Fit will rise. More Wii's will be sold, and so will Wii Fit so I think it has a hell of a shot beating just about anything.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Never

I think any of the big crazy Nintendo games with super long legs will get bigger Christmas boosts than we think, and the userbase will be about a gazillion by the time this battle's over, so I think that by the time the galaxy explodes in 2012, any Wii game sold to 10% of the userbase will have 10% of a gazillion sales.

So I think it'll happen, but I have no idea how long it will take. Definitely a long time.