By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Stringer: PS3 No Longer On "Life Support"

does this means that PS3 ecosystem is now generating enough revenues to self sustain it..

i mean the money Sony is getting from games and movies and other thing is enough to offset the harware losses and advertisment cost.?

If its so, this means Sony now have more room to make price adjustment in not so far future

Around the Network

PS3 hardware sales will be boosted dramatically with MGS 4 and other new PS3  titles

if the PS3 could only go to 299 euro's..

''Hadouken!''

Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 hardware sales will be boosted dramatically with MGS 4 and other new PS3  titles

He is not talking abt the future... but current data... this is wot i get... so if in this last week of May Sony is not loosing money on PS3 then this is very impressive feat..

All these doomsayers...'life support!!!'

What a load of tosh

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

@Rock_on

It should be interesting to see the MGS4 boost -- especially since the GTA IV boost was minimal. Since this is a single-console exclusive game and has special console versions coming out, there probably will be some spike in sales. The questions are how much and for how long.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

colonelstubbs said:

What a load of tosh

It's from a Sony employee. It sounds like he has a lot more perspective than you do.

Shameless said:
colonelstubbs said:

What a load of tosh

It's from a Sony employee. It sounds like he has a lot more perspective than you do.

Sony CEO:Howard Stringer.

Without a link to the actual article to see what context this was said. He could be talking about overall sales and not profits. Though they did say earlier this year the PS3 would be profitable so...

But still don't expect a price cut this year, at least not anything greater than $50 MAX.

superchunk said:
Without a link to the actual article to see what context this was said. He could be talking about overall sales and not profits. Though they did say earlier this year the PS3 would be profitable so...

But still don't expect a price cut this year, at least not anything greater than $50 MAX.

http://d6.allthingsd.com/20080528/stringer/