By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 80GB Stock Allocations (NA) + PS2 TRADE IN Deals (EB/GS) - $80 off PS3

QUOTE:
Hi guys,

today I got some information for you regarding the 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 bundle.
As far as allocations go, most retail outlets will be getting around 15,000 units in the first shipment. Replenishments will be done according to a store's relationship with Sony, IE, does that store sell a lot of Sony products, games there. So it's not a 1 shipment only deal. Stores will be restocked with the 80GB PS3. I suspect stores like Best Buy will obviously get more stock.

As far as I am aware, the bundle will go on sale at midnight for the stores doing midnight launches.

Also, GameStop/EB are running a really decent deal right now for those looking to upgrade.
Trade in a PS2 with any extra controller and a memory card and get $80 toward the purchase of a PS3. I don't know how long this is running for, but it will at least go through June 8th.

If you want one of these PS3s on day 1, I suggest getting to the store early on the day it comes out.

GameStop will not be taking preorders on the bundle, period.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

BTW the guy who posted it on NEO-GAF

is VERY RELIABLE and he has successfully given such data before as well..

I still don't understand why there are no 80 gigs for Europe. With the amount 60gigs are selling for, Sony should know how much demand there is for the BC.

That is still a lot of PS3s that are probably going to be sold at launch. Is this for the gunmetal limited edition or the normal MGS 4 80GB bundle (a replacement for the MS one?)

@munkeh111

the MGS4 bundle situation is getting out of hand

there are like gazillions of them

Around the Network

In Europe is there a 40GB bundle, but no gunmental one
In the US, there is a gunmetal limited one, and then the 80GB which will stay (I think)
In Japan, there are several coloured bundles and a gunmetal one and some more, that is where I am really confused

This page helps to explain the US deals, but not the JP ones

Me feels the anticipation rising....dont mess this up Sony/Konami

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

YoppaDo said:
I still don't understand why there are no 80 gigs for Europe. With the amount 60gigs are selling for, Sony should know how much demand there is for the BC.

yeah i just looked at them on ebay, I can't believe 60gb's are still going for roughly what I paid a year ago. (550+tax)

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

The gunmetal limited edition is only available through Konami, and it looks to be a genuine "limited" edition. Maybe even limited to a five figure total production run.

Unfortunately, it is the 40GB model and it's priced at $599 ($100 over the 80GB non limited MGS4 bundle). It looks like more of a collectible item than a standard buy/use console.

This may actually fetch quite a premium down the line on the secondary market, particularly if unopened.