By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will be in front of 360 by November 2008.

DMeisterJ said:
Viper1 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
super_etecoon said:
I don't know if Sony will sell 5.8 million ps3s by that time.....

And you are suggestion that if that were to occur that the 360 would just stop selling completely?

At some point Rock-on needs to lose his membership to this site. He's giving all the credible "analysts" (like Leo-J) at this site a bad name.

PS3 will sell 9 million in 6 months compared to 360 selling 3 million in same time period. MGS 4 and LBP sales will be huge.

You do realize Sony only plans to ship 10 million PS3's between March 31st, 2008 and March 31st, 2009?

Are you trying to tell me that they will sell 9 of those 10 million by Novemeber and only sell 1 million more between Dec 01, 2008 and March 31st, 2009?

Even Kaz is laughing at you right now.

We all know that Sony low-balled though, and willd definitely be raising in the coming quarters, to make it look good.

Sony themselves have stated that this FY is about profit, not market share.   That basically means no hardware increases because it's not selling out as it already is and the focus on profit means no price cuts whcih again means no shipment increase in warranted.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
azrm2k said:

I've got two theories right now. Either you're an alt for a certain banned member or you're a parody troll in the vein of SDF out to embarrass Sony fans. Not sure which one yet.....

Edit: I just saw your ridiculous posts in "Will PS3 top 100 million?" Pretty obvious now. What I don't understand is how other Sony fans aren't more upset at you mocking them.

Hey do not take life too seriously it is just a funny out there wild prediction. Hey John Lucas claimed the Wii would sell 600 million LTD and Wii Fit would see 80% attach rates on the Wii and sell over 100 million copies of Wii Fit alone. You turn a blind eye to JL's impossible predictions and bash on me.

At least this prediction is remotely possible unlike other analysts on here. 

Hey! The maths wrong! They'd need to sell 480million Wiifit units as well and create the biggest fitness craze since since walking was invented.

Tease.

superchunk said:
hahahahaahahahhah.........hahahahahahahhah

Sorry rock. Its not happening in 2008. Mid to late 2009 is my guess at WW PS3 #2 spot and it will never catch the Wii in any territory.

Europe/Others is a chance of PS3 turning it around on the Wii. The Europeans are crazy. lol. GT 5 will sell huge in Europe.

... I see what is going on here... Rock_on is trying to do for the PS3, what JL did for the Wii. I guess Rock_on thinks that crazy high predictions = crazy high sales...? Problem is that the crazy high predictions by JL were backed up by reasonable theories, not wild dreams.

But give the guy some slack, I mean he only wants to dream delusional things, so who are we to stop him?

luinil said:
... I see what is going on here... Rock_on is trying to do for the PS3, what JL did for the Wii. I guess Rock_on thinks that crazy high predictions = crazy high sales...? Problem is that the crazy high predictions by JL were backed up by reasonable theories, not wild dreams.

But give the guy some slack, I mean he only wants to dream delusional things, so who are we to stop him?

JL's prediction: 500 million hardware LTD for Wi = reasonable? Yeah right. lol.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Sorry rock. Its not happening in 2008. Mid to late 2009 is my guess at WW PS3 #2 spot and it will never catch the Wii in any major territory.

very likely, but the PS3 will end up ahead of the 360 WW, even in the US eventually

Rock_on_2008 said:
superchunk said:

Sorry rock. Its not happening in 2008. Mid to late 2009 is my guess at WW PS3 #2 spot and it will never catch the Wii in any territory.

Europe/Others is a chance of PS3 turning it around on the Wii. The Europeans are crazy. lol. GT 5 will sell huge in Europe.

GT5 doesn't come out till 2009.

And sorry but this is nothing like JohnLucas predictions (though I can't remember the 80% Wiifit thing myself... I think you made that one up)

John's predictions are far enough into the future that they could be possible, you are predicting some kind of sudden and sustained increase in PS3 demand for the next 6 months.

I will admit the 500 (not 600) million is about as probable as this prediction of yours.... but his other predictions are far more likely (even if not very likely) to happen than this.

Munkeh111 said:
superchunk said:

Sorry rock. Its not happening in 2008. Mid to late 2009 is my guess at WW PS3 #2 spot and it will never catch the Wii in any major territory.

very likely, but the PS3 will end up ahead of the 360 WW, even in the US eventually

Never! Bill Gates plan? One Xbox per child.

Tease.

Rock_on_2008 said:
luinil said:

JL's prediction: 500 million hardware LTD for Wi = reasonable? Yeah right. lol.

I did say that the theories JL used to backup the prediction were reasonable, not the predictions themselves. His theory for WiiFit, for example, was that it goes on Opera and sells like hotcakes, because anything Opera endorses sells like, well, hotcakes. Also that 500 million was over about 10-15 years IIRC.

TWRoO said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
superchunk said:

GT5 doesn't come out till 2009.

And sorry but this is nothing like JohnLucas predictions (though I can't remember the 80% Wiifit thing myself... I think you made that one up)

John's predictions are far enough into the future that they could be possible, you are predicting some kind of sudden and sustained increase in PS3 demand for the next 6 months.

I will admit the 500 (not 600) million is about as probable as this prediction of yours.... but his other predictions are far more likely (even if not very likely) to happen than this.

The problem with long term forcasting is by the time its been proved either way, most people have forgotton that you made that prediction. At least Rock_On has the balls to make insane predictions within a short time frame.

Tease.