By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will be in front of 360 by November 2008.

Viper1 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
super_etecoon said:
I don't know if Sony will sell 5.8 million ps3s by that time.....

And you are suggestion that if that were to occur that the 360 would just stop selling completely?

At some point Rock-on needs to lose his membership to this site. He's giving all the credible "analysts" (like Leo-J) at this site a bad name.

PS3 will sell 9 million in 6 months compared to 360 selling 3 million in same time period. MGS 4 and LBP sales will be huge.

You do realize Sony only plans to ship 10 million PS3's between March 31st, 2008 and March 31st, 2009?

Are you trying to tell me that they will sell 9 of those 10 million by Novemeber and only sell 1 million more between Dec 01, 2008 and March 31st, 2009?

Even Kaz is laughing at you right now.

We all know that Sony low-balled though, and willd definitely be raising in the coming quarters, to make it look good.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Sony will have to ship more PS3's to meet growing global demand. I expect Sony will ship over 16 million between March 31 2008 to March 31 2009. 15 million PS3's will be sold during that period.

Mmmmm crack.

Tease.

What happened to the first page, is broke, and rock_on you make me sick with your prediction.

I've got two theories right now. Either you're an alt for a certain banned member or you're a parody troll in the vein of SDF out to embarrass Sony fans. Not sure which one yet.....

Edit: I just saw your ridiculous posts in "Will PS3 top 100 million?"  Pretty obvious now.  What I don't understand is how other Sony fans aren't more upset at you mocking them. 

If the PS3 were to pass the 360 by the END of November, roughly 26 weeks away, it would have to outsell the 360 by 225,000 units/week.

This weeks outsell margin? 35,000. At this pace it'll be 167 weeks. Of course, to think things will stay the same is silly, but so is this prediction.

Currently playing: Civ 6

Around the Network

here a new (?) short preview of Home http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

''Hadouken!''

azrm2k said:

I've got two theories right now. Either you're an alt for a certain banned member or you're a parody troll in the vein of SDF out to embarrass Sony fans. Not sure which one yet.....

Edit: I just saw your ridiculous posts in "Will PS3 top 100 million?" Pretty obvious now. What I don't understand is how other Sony fans aren't more upset at you mocking them.

Hey do not take life too seriously it is just a funny out there wild prediction. Hey John Lucas claimed the Wii would sell 600 million LTD and Wii Fit would see 80% attach rates on the Wii and sell over 100 million copies of Wii Fit alone. You turn a blind eye to JL's impossible predictions and bash on me.

At least this prediction is remotely possible unlike other analysts on here. 

At the current "gap" in sales, the PS3 should pass the 360 installed base in about 150 weeks. Let's see... that's just under 3 years... same as Nov 2008, right?

LOL!

Rock_on_2008 said:
azrm2k said:

Edit: I just saw your ridiculous posts in "Will PS3 top 100 million?" Pretty obvious now. What I don't understand is how other Sony fans aren't more upset at you mocking them.

Hey do not take life too seriously it is just a funny out there wild prediction. Hey John Lucas claimed the Wii would sell 600 million LTD and Wii Fit would see 80% attach rates on the Wii and sell over 100 million copies of Wii Fit alone. You turn a blind eye to JL's impossible predictions and bash on me.

No I think a lot of JL' predictions are crazy too.  He was close with the 20 million at end of '07 but he won't be anywhere near 60 million at end of '08 I don't think and the Wii LTD and WiiFit predictions including the one where its' launch would outsell Halo 3's launch always seemed stupid.

hahahahaahahahhah.........hahahahahahahhah

Sorry rock. Its not happening in 2008. Mid to late 2009 is my guess at WW PS3 #2 spot and it will never catch the Wii in any territory.