By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction Wiifit will have a sell trough of 75% against the wiiinstallbase

well unless they dont seperate the balance board and wii fit

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Hang on a minute....75%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if the wii sells 100 million consoles worldwide, you think 75 million wiifits will be sold....which would be three times more than the current highest selling game ever....

Did you forget to take your medication or havent they prescribed you your stupid pills yet?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

eh, i see where you are going with this. It's not soo much that wii fit will sell that but that the balance board will sell to 75%. Basically people would have to see the balance board as an indispensible part of their wii experience for 75% of wii owners to grab one.

I doubt wii fit alone could do that but if a ton of games come out that support the balance board then it could happen but wii fit on it's own can't imo. wii fit could probably push itself on about 30% of wii owners on it's own i'm guessing.

Sorry, but there is no foreseeable way any game will have a 75% attach rate unless it is packed in for the greater majority of its life.

Wii Sports in Japan has
Wii Play has
So a game that comes with a device that won't be used in even 5% of the games available for the Wii has absolutely no way of reaching >20% attach rate in the life of the machine.

Granted, it will sell really well, and will get far more support than any previous peripheral has ever done on any console. But, 75% is just asking for a spanking.

Ugh, what a terrible thread.

Around the Network

Bad prediction. We shouldnt be proving you wrong as much as you should be giving more valid reasons as to why you think that'll happen. And it won't. Trust me. Your points are only valid to a point but doesnt justify massive 75% AR sales.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

oh look, the crazy thread is back!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Thank you for reopening this.
As stated it's not wiifit that would have an attachment rate of 75% ( unless it stays packed) but I still firmly believe the balanceboard can.
why:
1: Like the zapper the balanceboard can be packed in with other games like ubisofts rayman raving 3( if they plan on adding multiple board support)
2: nintendo could want multiple boards supported and I think they will allow it in the future. What more fun can you have when you are playing for example wii ski with 2 till 4 persons on 4 boards( thus meaning the attachment rate will go up on a single Wii with 300%
3: Imagine the first fps shooter that uses the balanceboard or even more training games. They all will get people wanting to have it ( ea is working on a much harder wiifit game that actually will get you more fit then a fitness school or atleast they promise.

So now you need more validation for my rediculous prediction.
Was John's not rediculous as well and he came correct.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I don't think anything will ever have a 75% attach rate for anything, except maybe razors and razor blades.

If the balance board gets a shitload of games, which it will since it's outselling the PS3, the attach rate of the board will increase, but at some point they'll have to sell the board on its own, or in some sort of deal with 2 or 3 new balance board games but not Wii Fit.

I think Wii Fit and the board will be sold separately some time next year, after both are insanely huge. I don't think either will get an attach rate over 50% though.

ahem....pcs and windows?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

If the game WiiFit always comes with the Balance board, then I think if Nintendo make loads of game that use the balance board and well then people will need/want to buy a balance board and therefore WiiFit.

Controllers of all kinds sell far more then a given console so maybe one day if it's cheaper and multiplayer games can use more then one, it might surpass even the sales of the Wii. (as long as the balance board is always sold with WiiFit)

Hmm, pie.