By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your top 3 game designers?

No love for Yu Suzuki?

Around the Network

check above you :P

''Hadouken!''

1. Kazunori Yamauchi
2. see #1.
3. see #1.

shio said:
Slimebeast said:
lol, all Nintento-fans in this thread...

Shaga-Yiki-Moto-San.

I can't name drop, but:

1. The designer of Oblivion /Bethesda
2. The designer of Morrowind /Bethesda
3. The designer of Zelda ocrina

Ironically, I would put the Designer of Oblivion in my list of worst game designers.

Huh? Silly you. Why?

Btw, the designer was Ken Rolston, a veteran and a legend. He is actually so incredible that instead of retirement he was recruited by Big Huge games for their MMORPG project.

Anyway, why is Oblivion design bad?

1. Hironobu Sakaguchi of Square-Enix and mastermind of Final Fantasy.

2. Hideo Kojima of Kojima Productions and mastermind of Metal Gear Solid.

3. Koei (The whole company as Dynasty Warriors came from them, Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Kessen all brilliant games all suited for different gaming moods)

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
shio said:
Slimebeast said:

Shaga-Yiki-Moto-San.

I can't name drop, but:

Ironically, I would put the Designer of Oblivion in my list of worst game designers.

Huh? Silly you. Why?

Btw, the designer was Ken Rolston, a veteran and a legend. He is actually so incredible that instead of retirement he was recruited by Big Huge games for their MMORPG project.

1. Virtually no consequences of substance for in-game actions. A terrible thing to do in an open RPG. It removes incentive to watch what you're doing and instead just try to collect as much as possible.

2. No story worth mentioning.

3. Auto-balancing creatures=teh suck. I want to earn my way into an area by getting smarter and better, not by simply walking farther across the game map.

4. The game was incredibly boring until people modded it into something worth playing (what I'm hoping for with Fallout 3, too).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

1. Shigeru Miyamoto He created most of my favorite game series.

2. Eiji Aonuma He continues the excellence of Zelda.

3. Masahiro Sakurai Smash Bros.

Honorable mention Michel Ancel (Rayman, Beyond Good and Evil), Koji Igarashi (recent Castlevania's), Yuji Naka (Sonic, Nights), Goichi Suda (Killer 7, No More Heroes), Rieko Kodama (Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star), Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil)

I haven't played a Tim Schafer game but I really want to.
Suprised I haven't seen Yuji Horii (Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger), Tomonobu Itagaki (Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden), Fumito Ueda (Ico, Shadow of the Collosus)

rocketpig said:
Slimebeast said:
shio said:
Slimebeast said:

Shaga-Yiki-Moto-San.

I can't name drop, but:

Huh? Silly you. Why?

Btw, the designer was Ken Rolston, a veteran and a legend. He is actually so incredible that instead of retirement he was recruited by Big Huge games for their MMORPG project.

1. Virtually no consequences of substance for in-game actions. A terrible thing to do in an open RPG. It removes incentive to watch what you're doing and instead just try to collect as much as possible.

2. No story worth mentioning.

3. Auto-balancing creatures=teh suck. I want to earn my way into an area by getting smarter and better, not by simply walking farther across the game map.

4. The game was incredibly boring until people modded it into something worth playing (what I'm hoping for with Fallout 3, too).

1. Yes there is. If you illegaly kill someone and the guards see or hear you, they arrest you. Same if you steal. What should there have been, what kind of consequences?

2. Hmm... I don't think story sorts under game design per se. Indirectly perhaps, but a bad story can't be blamed on the game designers. Well, it's a matter of definition I think... in the large meaning of design story is included.

Btw, in Oblivion you have many stories. The main quest didn't have advanced twists, it was just a classic  RPG save the world story, wasn't it?

3. ... yes, but they wanted to avoid the Morrowind end-game where you were all-too-powerful.

4. It amazes me that so many people have that opinion. As a comparison, have you played Assassins Creed or GT4? Arent they boring in the same way?

Oh noes! I kill a town and get arrested? Please, play Fallout 1 or 2 some time and you'll understand consequences in a game.

And yes, bad stories fall on the developmental head. He is the director, after all.

I would rather end up too powerful than fighting for my life against a wolf when I'm a super-mage. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

Oh noes! I kill a town and get arrested?  

lol! I knew you'd say something sarcastic like that.