By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 10 lbs lost, IGN reviewer slim down from Wii Fit.

Go Bozon!!! He is a bigger fellow if you've seen him. My metabolism is so out of whack that I have trouble keeping on weight. Wii Fit is very fun though.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Losing a pound a day is unhealthy for not so overweight people but it can be normal for obese people... It's just easier for them to lose weight

Why not just exercise at home for free?

Well, we might exercise at home for free...but there's a certain thing that lazy people lacks of: MOTIVATION.

Wii Fit gives that motivation by making boring exercising FUN.
In other words:
"playing" Wii fit = fun
"playing" Wii fit = weight loss (somehow)

Wii Fit makes weight losing FUN.

It's easier to go from 30 to 28 than to go from 26 to 24. I've been exercising pretty hard for the last month, yet improvements are pretty tough to get.

Around the Network

Make sure you eat healthy!

If not, you will have muscles hidden under reams of lard!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Picko said:
With a BMI of 39 any form of exercise will drastically reduce one's weight. To put this in perspective I'm 188 cm or 6'2, to have a BMI of 39 I would need to weight 140kg or 311lbs. At that weight I'd lose a significant amount of weight going for a brisk walk around the block every evening.

I congratulate the man on his weight loss and hope that he continues at it. But at the end of the day the outside excercise that he speaks of will be what drives a very great majority of the weight loss. Wii Fits part to play is merely encouraging him to keep at it. It would be interesting to see where he is 6 months from now.

Personally thought I'd be more interested to see how it works with someone who is overweight but not clearly obese.

You're spot on, this is such a great media oppurtunity for Wii Fit but people are overlooking the simple fact that with a BMI of 39, losing 10lbs can be achieved through the smallest of exercise. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Aj_habfan said:
400lbs - 390 lbs, lol. Hopefully people see that not all gamers are 100% lazy, although I still am =)

Not possible to use Wii Fit at that weigh. Max weight on the Balance board is 330 lbs or 150 kg

id like to say anyone ever see the show the biggest loser? there are people that has lost 15-30lbs in one week and is still very healthy. so ya might wanna check out the show before you start saying when or not something isnt healthy for you

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

lightbleeder said:
Losing a pound a day is unhealthy for not so overweight people but it can be normal for obese people... It's just easier for them to lose weight

No one should loose more than 1 pound every week or so, fat or no. The fatcells remain largely active when their components and composition changes so rapidly, so in theory, the faster the pounds fly off, the quicker you can pack them back on. Also, quick weigthloss is usually attributed to fluid and muscle tissue loss, an unhealthy body will likely shed muscle and water first and at a rapid pace to begin with. And like many others would say; Wii Fit's task is to maintain interest, goad you on and keep track of progress and show it in a visually comprehensive way all along. Any physical activity above a certain level of strain will drop pounds, the problem is keeping at it!