By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Party 8 Thread

So, Mario Party 8 is out. Yeah, thats right another one. So, I enjoy this game, but many people are mixed on this game. What do you guys think?

Around the Network

I can't wait for this to launch - its another month here in Australia.

I have some friends coming down from Sydney for this weekend (long weekend), and they specifically asked me to make sure that Mario Party is ready for some action (we all played MP4 on GC before). I wish I had the Wii version, my GC controllers are lent out.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

should i get this? i've read the reviews. i'm waiting for wii brain academy but wouldn't mind doling out 50 bucks for a solid game that a couple can simply enjoy.

it'll be the first ever mario party game i get if i do get it, and before this, i've only played mario party once, for like an hour. so maybe i should get it anyway, it being the premium party game brand out there.

so... should i get this?

the Wii is an epidemic.

You'll like it if it's your first one. A lot of critics hate it beecuase it's the same game 8 times. However, it's still fun.

It's very fun with friends. Good for parties...I find it especially fun when you and your friends are sitting around and have nothing to do...a big game of Mario Party is a great way to spend the time.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I got it, played it some, the mini games are kinda lame but the board game adds to the fun. If you can find four ppl to play with all the time then get it, if not it's not that great even with two ppl.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

The demonstration on how to shake the Wii-mote in the soda cans mini-game is just wrong.

I don't know about this, I find Wii Sports is the perfect party game. Wario is pretty decent, but gets old quickly. Can't really see the value in this game personally.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

well the value is that it motivates longer. you can play one game for about two hours and it'll only get more exciting, because everyone is persuiving a goal and everything can change at the end. you can't play wii sports four two hours with the same four persons i think, it's boring to play a hundred games of tennis. that's the difference.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I love my Wii. I love Wii sports! I loved the previous mario parties!!!

This game is terrible!!! Even with the new controls, the minigames are worse then previous MP's. The first game I played with my wife. Even she said it was a lot more fun on the GC.

This game has completely changed my opinion of Wii games. If Nintendo doesn't continue to come up with new ideas, then the Wii will get tired quickly.

I still think the Wii will sell 75 million units before the next gen, but I'm pretty sure I'm not their target market.