By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Party 8 Thread

I dunno, I´ll probably get it when i purchase a 4th Wii controller. I loved MP5, played it a lot with friends, specially mini-game decathlon. I may need to check the game modes for this one. And the controls can´t be that bad...there gotta be at least 20 minigames worth playing.

Around the Network
diegomoroco777 said:
I dunno, I´ll probably get it when i purchase a 4th Wii controller. I loved MP5, played it a lot with friends, specially mini-game decathlon. I may need to check the game modes for this one. And the controls can´t be that bad...there gotta be at least 20 minigames worth playing.

Man, you'll llove this game then. 5 is by far the worst of the 8.

BenKenobi88 said:
It's very fun with friends. Good for parties...I find it especially fun when you and your friends are sitting around and have nothing to do...a big game of Mario Party is a great way to spend the time.

I agree, it's not something you just sit and play by yourself, but it still cool for a "Party" lol.

Alacrist said:
BenKenobi88 said:
It's very fun with friends. Good for parties...I find it especially fun when you and your friends are sitting around and have nothing to do...a big game of Mario Party is a great way to spend the time.

I agree, it's not something you just sit and play by yourself, but it still cool for a "Party" lol.

It also last a while. Good for long drawn out games. Makes for epic endings.

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Around the Network

This is one of the few games i can get my fiance to sit and play with me for more than 15 minutes. It because of the random crap that happens thoughout it. She beats me probably 75% of the time even though i can beat her in most mini-games. Its fun for both us because of this. I get to feel like im winning because i win at some mini-games and she usually has better luck at getting the stars (throughout the game and the bonus ones) so we both have a great time. I rarely get the urge to play it by myself but we both have a great time together whenever we play any Mario Party title.

Does anyone know if you get anything special for getting a perfect 10,000 points on the "test your best" mini-game thingy. My best score so far is 9,009 but i'm pretty sure i can get it up to about 9,700 - 9,800 on a good run. Just curious to see if you unlock anything special or if i'm doing it for absolutely nothing. thanks guys

Well I personally really enjoyed this game. I do agree that you need three or more to enjoy this game and when you do it is some of the most fun you will have on the Wii. I will say that I have not really played this before but others I played with have and really enjoyed it as well. The board games are extremely fun and very different from each other and my personal favorite was the one where you invested in buildings to get more stars or lose them.

Look its a mediocre effort from nintendo to hold people over untill Mario Galaxy.

Celb said:
Look its a mediocre effort from nintendo to hold people over untill Mario Galaxy.

From the Forum Rules 

Platform criticism. Posts slamming a particular platform without basis - be it a specific console, macs, windows, or anything similar - will not be tolerated. The forums are here for gamers of all persuasions, so unless you're in a thread specifically geared towards platform comparison/discussion, keep your anti-platform comments out of the thread. Note that there is a difference between having a reasonable argument in the correct thread and trolling.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play