By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii games explosion.

TwilightPrince said:
Sim City will be complete shit on the Wii compared to the PC games. Motion controls will add nothing to that game. Shaun White Snowboarding looks interesting.

Sim City doesn't need motion controls: the Wii's pointer is more than enough. In fact, there's not much I can think of that Sim City needs that the Wii can't offer: true, you wouldn't be able to use the pointer and buttons quickly enough to play an RTS on the system (without a peripheral), but Sim City hardly needs split-second timing. Besides, EA evidently has enough faith in the system's interface that they're porting over Spore, which I imagine needs a heckuva lot more buttons to play than Sim City...

And it's funny that you mention Shaun White, since that's actually the game that has me laughing the most. Not because I think it will be bad by any means, but because Ubisoft is taking out the simulation parts of the other consoles and dumbing the thing down for the Wii. Conclusion: Ubisoft=funny. 

Around the Network

2 games = explosion?

Sim City sounds awesome, following the success of million seller MySims, thanks EA!!!
a 1st day buy for me!!! love it!!

also, the rabits, lolz, i love it!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

All seem interesting, but I'm mostly interested in Sim City. RRR3 looks good, but I still have to get the second one. I'm really pumped for Sim City though. I can't wait for it!!!

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

TwilightPrince said:
Sim City will be complete shit on the Wii compared to the PC games. Motion controls will add nothing to that game. Shaun White Snowboarding looks interesting.

You may want to use the internet for something other than being anonymous, and find some information about the wii.. namely that it has a pointer.. that is what gives it the edge over other consoles for this type of game, and even rts games (although, rts games probably need more power under the hood as well -- hence pc is optimal)

Around the Network

Here is a list of all potential good Wii-Games in production. In german only but you get the point. :)

http://zimmer101.de/vorschau.html

TwilightPrince said:

Pretty much all they have to do to make Sim City Wii better than any PC version of the game I've played is root out the bugs and prevent chugging slowdowns. I'm hoping the fact that it's on an unpatchable platform of uniform capability will force them to address these issues. The last time I enjoyed Sim City on the PC it was on my Commodore 64. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Shaun snowboarding was also on pc, 360 and ps3. Ubisoft FAIL HARD on this one

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

z101 said:
Here is a list of all potential good Wii-Games in production. In german only but you get the point. :)

http://zimmer101.de/vorschau.html

Thanks! That site is great to check out future Wiigames. There were even 2 games I didn't know where coming: Deadline and Drawn to Life.

The only two things I noticed that were odd were:

TimeSplitters 4 is put on the list. Do they know something we don't?
Spore, I thought that got canned for the Wii?

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

bobsledding/luging/etc using balance board = win!

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp